Marine Industry and Small-Business Consulting
With 30 some years background in the marine industry, I've worn numerous hats — as a yacht designer, boatbuilder, marine operations and business manager, marine industry consultant, marine marketing and communications specialist, boating magazine writer and editor, yacht surveyor, and marine industry educator.
I'm trained and experienced in interest-based negotiation and mediation, and I offer cost-effective alternative dispute resolution for parties in the marine industry.
I also solve problems in:
- Marine project development, planning, and management.
- Marine project costing, bidding, and presentation.
- Contract negotiations and vetting.
- Hands-on yacht construction, ship fitting.
- Vessel refit management and supervision.
- Naval engineering project management.
- Marine industry educational development and training
In a previous life, I taught logic and philosophy at university.