report_problem This professional is not open to finding a new job
• Managed media strategy for landmark $50 million class action litigation settlement with Morgan Stanley alleging sex bias against female executives on Wall Street.
• Supervised crisis communications and rapid response following the destruction of the New York office on 9/11 and the New Orleans office during Hurricane Katrina.
• Launched national media campaigns for “Youth at Work” Initiative and “E-Race” Initiative with media coverage by C-Span, The New York Times and other leading news outlets.
• Arranged news segment aired on CBS "60 Minutes" by investigative correspondent Mike Wallace spotlighting first-ever lawsuit alleging genetic discrimination in the workplace.
• Launched “Freedom to Compete” TV public service announcements (PSA) to millions of viewers during Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City.
• Supervised staff in writing/editing/issuing 500 annual press releases nationwide.
Press Assistant, White House OMB Executive Office of the President, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) • Wrote press releases and talking points for OMB Directors Leon Panetta and Alice Rivlin.
• Coordinated dozens of print and broadcast media interviews with leading news outlets.
• Conducted rapid response to reporters on President Bill Clinton's legislative priorities, including the Deficit Reduction Act (Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) and the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
• Arranged a series of interviews between OMB Director Panetta and Bob Woodward of The Washington Post for his first book about the Clinton Administration (“The Agenda”).
• Coordinated media issuance of President Clinton’s annual Budget of the United States Government.
• Liaised with White House Press Office to draft talking points for the live televised daily press briefings.
• Fielded calls from reporters and provided statistical information on budget and fiscal issues.
Confidential Assistant, White House OPP Office of Presidential Personnel (OPP) and Presidential Transition Office NOTE: This job carried over from the Presidential Transition Office, Department of Personnel, at outset of the Clinton Presidency.
* Assisted in selecting political appointees to work in public affairs/communications offices within Cabinet departments and federal agencies government-wide.
* Interviewed dozens of job candidates in-person and assessed their qualifications.
* Reviewed hundreds of resumes of prospective political appointees.
* Wrote personnel staffing reports and maintained electronic data base of applicants.
Research Analyst, Clinton for President Campaign Office of Chief Pollster * Assisted chief pollster to presidential candidate Bill Clinton.
* Conducted survey research and analyzed polling data.
* Coordinated focus groups with likely voters on key issues.
* Wrote polling reports and assisted with development of campaign strategy.
Environment Reporter and Copy Editor The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. (currently Bloomberg BNA) * Beat reporter covering environmental issues
related to wetlands, clean air and clean water.
* Wrote articles about rules and regulations promulgated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
* Covered the White House Council on Environmental Quality and committee hearings of the U.S. Congress on proposed environmental legislation.
* Edited copy and wrote headlines.
Press Assistant, U.S. Congress Office of the Majority Leader, House of Representatives * Assisted the Press Secretary, Communications Director and Speechwriter in daily office activities.
* Wrote media advisories and "talking points" on legislative issues during the 1990 "Budget Summit" between Congress and the White House.
* Fielded media calls and coordinated interviews for Congressman Richard Gephardt of St. Louis, Missouri.
* Helped arrange press conferences and news briefings.
* Assisted front office staff with administrative activities.
Strategic Communications Consultant Independent I provide tailored communication solutions for high-impact results in today's fluid digital media landscape and 24/7 breaking news cycle. My areas of expertise include:
* External and Internal Communications.
* Crisis Communications and Rapid Response.
* PR Campaigns and Earned Media (national/global).
* Corporate Branding and Reputation Management.
* Strategic Message Development and Implementation.
* Media Relations and Spokesperson (on-the-record).
* Speechwriting, Ghostwriting, Op-Eds, Digital Content
* Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, Influencer Marketing.
* Executive Media Training (on-camera and off), Social Media Training.
* beBee Brand Ambassador and featured blogger.
* Advisory Board Member and featured contributor to American Diversity Report.
* Featured columnist for BizCatalyst 360 (award-winning online media).
* Featured contributor to Thrive Global, PR Daily, Medium, LinkedIn.