Consultant Marketing Stages of Success
Not everyone is a customer.
Online or in person you will meet a host of people. Some will, over time, become customers. But most will not. Many will be contacts forgotten almost as quickly as they passed through your sphere. Others will form lasting relationships with you often as just an acquaintance that “gets you.” A few will be referral sources.
All are evaluators of your brand.
Whether they are in your headlights for moment or seemingly along for the ride as you navigate the fog of building a business each has an influence on your perceived brand. That is true whether their assessment is formed from an internet experience or a candid conversation over coffee.
Networking ain’t what it used to be.
These days, due to Covid, the closest you can get without pushing the regulations is a one-to-one Zoom call. Your favorite association is meeting virtually whether it’s in your home town, nationally and even internationally. Expense accounts are no longer a major item for corporations as travel and entertainment have pretty much been eliminated.
Yet, some people still get the call.
What makes them different?
Why are they rain-makers for their firms?
Stages of Success
Certain things work whether you are meeting virtually or in person. You have to step up in order to be at the forefront when others need a solution to a problem. You have to consciously work at being the one they call.
There are stages to success:
- Fresh New to the business or the area or to the role you fill in the organization.
- Memorable Positioned in a way that makes it easy for folks to remember you, your name and what you do.
- Branded People recognize your name, your organization’s mission and the positive attributes you bring to the table.
- Tried Someone takes a chance on you, hiring you and your operation to solve a problem for them.
- Successful You complete the project on time, on the money and with the results promised.
- Proven Your experience and credentials have paid off for a number of clients
- Trusted You are now the go-to guy or gal in your industry, market or geography for your expertise.
- Promoted You are asked to speak at conferences, appear on panels, interviewed by on and off-line media.
- Quoted Your views, based on solid data and good thinking become touchpoints in your area of expertise etched into prospects minds.
- Unforgettable You are now in a sustainable position and could probably put your practice on cruise control but you are driven.
- Indispensable Key clients will not make a move without consulting you.
- Legendary Over time you have changed the way a formidable group of men and women think in and around the businesses in which you provide advice and counsel. The world you set out to change is actually changing because of you.
What stage of success are you on?
Each of us moves at our own pace. Some more quickly than others. Speed is not the gating factor. Consistency is more important. Originality is more deserving. Trust, maintained over time, is critical.
And so it goes.Jerry Fletcher is a sought-after International Speaker, a beBee ambassador, founder and CEO of Z-axis Marketing, Inc.
His consulting practice, founded in 1990, is known for on and off-line Trust-based Consultant Marketing advice that builds businesses, brands and lives of joy.
You can sign up for Jerry's weekly Newslog that includes an audio, a video and an article at his consulting web site.
Articles from Jerry FletcherView blog
What is your credibility index? · If you are a consultant it is a pretty good bet that you have a pr ...
.Dave and I had lunch Thursday. · It was good to hear how the little golf product company he founded ...
You may be interested in these jobs
Found in: Jooble US - 19 hours ago
Starbucks Coffee Company Laurinburg, NC
**Join us and inspire with every cup** · At Starbucks, it's all about connection. People are at the heart of who we are, especially the people that are a part of our store team. We connect with each other, our customers and our communities to make a positive impact every day. We ...
Found in: beBee S2 US - 5 days ago
SSM Health Madison
It's more than a career, it's a calling · WI-Turville Bay · Worker Type: · PRN · Job Highlights: · After completing onboarding, this fill-in position will be eligible to cover various staffing needs at various locations (including Madison, Baraboo, Janesville and Monroe). · At SS ...
Found in: beBee S2 US - 6 days ago
CenterWell Home Health Grandview Full time
Job Description · Description · The Medical Records Clerk 1 assembles and maintains patients' health information in medical records and charts. The Medical Records Clerk 1 performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on ...