About Motiur Rahman:
As a QA Automation Engineer with American Family Insurance, I am responsible for developing and implementing automated test scripts, as well as participating in meetings with business analysts and developers. Since joining the company in October 2020, I have made significant contributions to the development of automated test cases using Gherkins and Cucumber, and have used Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, and TestNG to develop automated scripts.
In order to optimize the performance of the framework, I have implemented both implicit and explicit wait in Selenium scripts, and have used object-oriented programming concepts such as inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, and abstraction, as well as Java collections in the framework. Additionally, I have created Extent Reports for the automation suite and performed Restful API automation testing using the Rest-Assured Java library.
Before joining American Family Insurance, I worked as a QA Test Engineer in Citizens Bank, where I designed test cases using Selenium Webdriver and TestNG and performed API testing using Postman. I was responsible for GUI, functional, and system testing, and generated test scenarios, test case documentation, and test data collection. Additionally, I developed and executed automated smoke, sanity, and regression test scripts using Eclipse and coordinated and supported the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Earlier in my career, I worked as a Validation Engineer with Mitsubishi Motors, where I maintained and improved the company's automated Continuous Integration test infrastructure. I wrote code/scripts to automatically test various pieces of the system and performed thorough testing on automotive HVAC systems. Additionally, I generated metrics and reports to monitor project status and ensured that status and communication reports were detailed, comprehensive, and accurate.
As a Graduate Research Assistant at the University of Wyoming, I contributed to the development of a multi-phase flow simulation using an in-house CFD code written in C++. I used machine learning technique in python based software ALAMO, resolved the spray root and the temporal evolution of the impulsive local slamming pressure.
Overall, my experience in software testing, automation, and research has given me a strong foundation in the field of QA Automation Engineering. I am adept at using a range of programming languages, testing tools, and automation frameworks to ensure that software applications meet the highest standards of quality and functionality. I also wrote bash scripts to run this simulations and post-processing in HPC/parallel execution.
- 6+ Years of Software Testing (Manual and Automation) experience with a solid understanding of Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Defect Reporting & Tracking.
- Experience in test automation development using various frameworks such as TDD and BDD.
- Proficient in Java language and have developed automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver with Maven and TestNG.
- Experience in Restful API automation testing using the Rest-Assured Java library and validating business functionalities of Web Services using Postman.
- Worked with CI/CD implementation using Github and Jenkins to support the team.
- Experience in SQL and PLSQL store procedure to extract data from various SQL tables.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
- Experience in bash scripting and running test cases in HPC/Cloud.
- Hands-on experience in CLI/shell scripts for file manipulation, program execution, and project creation.
- Worked as a Validation Engineer and have maintained and improved automated Continuous Integration test infrastructure, conducted thorough testing on automotive HVAC system, and performed software updates and reflash vehicle systems, ECUs as instructed.
I took several course related with mathematics and programming in my undergraduate and graduate level as my research is fully based on numerical analysis, coding, and validate our results with experiment and theory. Some Graduate level Courses I took is-
- Scientific Computing
- Numerical Analysis
- C++ Object oriented Programming
- Machine Learning
Professionals in the same Engineering / Architecture sector as Motiur Rahman
Professionals from different sectors near New York City, New York
Jobs near New York City, New York
Barclays Plc Whippany, NJ, United States
US Basel IV Regulatory Capital Reporting Assistant Vice President As a Barclays US Basel IV Regulatory Capital Reporting Assistant Vice President (AVP), you will be working in the Regulatory Capital ...
Albany Medical Center Chatham, NY, United States
Department/Unit: · Float Pool Work Shift: · SOP Float Pool Tier I (United States of America) The Clinical Nurse contributes to the creation of a compassionate and caring environment for patients, f ...
Intuit - TurboTax Newark, United States $50,000 - $80,000 per year
We're looking for YOU · Join TurboTax as a TurboTax Product Expert and be the friendly face our customers rely on during tax season. We're looking for individuals with excellent communication skills a ...