This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
An innovative global ambassador of change with over 20 years of cumulative leadership experience in diversity acquisition, inclusion, organizational recruitment, adult learning and development, people management, and human capital management. Recognized for spearheading programs and projects that drive learning endeavors to implement continuous improvement in socio-economic environments and cross-cultural communication training methods with inclusion strategies.
Highly knowledgeable in building, leading and developing a team of learning professionals to develop innovative training solutions that advance diversity expertise across an organization. Employs influential communication techniques (written & verbal) to partner with business leaders and HR partners on learning strategies and experiences to foster positive culture within a large group of individuals.
With 20 years of working in Southeast Asia, I have been leading and training diverse groups and teams, including leading in crisis management during the 2004 Indonesian tsunami and spearheading urban strategy and development for communities in Singapore.
I currently lead a team of leaders in a diverse organization in the Silicon Valley to be active in community outreach through our Echo Compassion efforts, to provide an excellent experience for those who are first time guests, and embolden and equip small group leaders. I recruit, train and mentor leaders to fulfill their God-given gifts within our community to lead to the flourishing of themselves and others.
I am passionate about diversity, inclusion, and leading teams to make relevant, strategic moves to benefit the lives of others. I find joy in mentoring leaders to make a difference in the world.
I was raised in Venezuela and Costa Rica and have worked in Indonesia, Singapore and the San Francisco Bay Area. I host the A World of Difference podcast.
Golden Gate Seminary— M.A. Intercultural Studies
Mill Valley, CA
Samford University— B.A. Sociology & B.A. Spanish
Shadowmatch, Los Gatos, CA- Life, Fulfillment & Executive Coach
APR 2021 -PRESENT
- Launched Life Coaching business to assess client performance and hold accountable to goals
Echo Church, San Jose, CA — Associate Campus Director
AUG 2019 -MAR 2021
- Successfully conceptualized and spearheaded strategic communication plan as a speaker with research on stories and quotes for maximum impact, trainer of diverse speakers to craft language, coaching on stage at weekly motivational meetings, increasing speakers by 500%
- Spearheaded inclusive initiative by mentoring 10 team leaders and conceptualized and trained a learning & development model for overcoming obstacles in leadership development to 50 leaders
- Recruited & coached 5 department heads to increase client engagement by 75%
Echo Compassion, San Jose, CA — Development Director
MAR 2020 - DEC 2020
- Trail-blazed formation of mindful and strategic partnerships with 40 business and non-profits to help 25,000 at risk individuals, serving over 14,000 meals and 11,800 masks given in Bay Area community from March to Dec 2020
- Championed strategic & implementation plan with senior leadership, exceeding KPI by 40%
- Recruited 300 volunteers & oversaw 2 project coordinators & 25 project managers
International Mission Board, Singapore and Indonesia — Team Strategy Leader
JULY 1999 - AUG 2019
- Launched medical response in Indonesian Tsunami Relief & translated for trauma counselor for 50 survivors & spearheaded makeshift clinics for over 1,000 tsunami victims using 400 volunteers
- Conceptualized and drafted Strategic Road Map & oversaw teams in Singapore, Malaysia & Indonesia recruiting, training, and onboarding of 20 team leads and over 600 volunteers
- Championed inclusion on Southeast Asian Leadership Team and researched new strategy
- Keynote speaker and conference breakout session leader on inclusion in 4 countries