Senior 3D Animator
About Chris MacDonald:
Proficient 3D character animator who is driven to produce dynamic, character-driven performances. Experienced at producing dramatic and engaging shots. Knowledgeable of many professional 3D software packages and animation principles.
|Senior 3D Animator||Chicago, IL|
|Light & Wonder||December 2021 – June 2023|
- Animated 3D characters for 3 slot games based on several high-profile IPs, including Willy Wonka and Monopoly.
- Produced 6-8 animation loops for 3 characters featured in the bonus round of a slot game based on the Willy Wonka IP.
- Proofed each set of animated loops by importing the FBX file into Unity to check for errors before handing them off to the technical artist, ensuring that they blended seamlessly into each other and allowing for the creation of a wide variety of interactive performances.
- Worked closely with fellow producers and artists on the team to quickly resolve any revisions and technical issues.
- Pursued further professional development by attending lunchtime classes such as Figure Drawing and Animation Club.
|3D Artist, Animator, Illustrator||Fayetteville, NC|
|McManis & Monsalve||January 2020 – November 2021|
- Rigged vehicles and weapons in Maya, optimized for use in video productions.
- Modeled and rendered 3D vehicles, unit crests, and logos for use in multimedia presentations.
- Animated 2D logos promoting regional wildlife.
- Generated propagandistic images for use by psychological operations.
- Participated in the production of a comic book targeting a regional audience.
|3D Animator & Illustrator||Detroit, MI|
|Independent Contractor||January 2017 – December 2019|
- Produced 3 small 2D animation shots for local television.
- Worked remotely on various one-shot 3D animation projects.
- Produced several pieces of commissioned artwork.
|Adjunct Instructor||Detroit, MI|
|College for Creative Studies||September 2015 – December 2016|
- Taught 3 semesters of foundational animation principles and basic Maya.
- Beginning with a bouncing ball exercise, students then progressed through the semester into basic body mechanics, concluding the class by animating a two-step walk cycle.
- Helped students with both technical and artistic problems in class.
- Presented materials and samples of professional work in order to illustrate teaching points.
- Recorded video critiques for each student’s assignment.
|Senior 3D Animator||Alexandria, VA|
|National Center for Missing & Exploited Children||October 2013 – June 2015|
- Served in project leadership role when Animation Director was unavailable.
- Responsible for training and mentoring new team members.
- Proactively participated in group brainstorming and critique sessions.
|3D Animator||Alexandria, VA|
|National Center for Missing & Exploited Children||August 2005 – October 2013|
- Animated proprietary characters for six 3D and six 2D animated short movies and music videos in order to help children and adults stay both educated and safe online.
- Participated with the other animators and artists at each stage of production, including thumbnails, storyboards, animatics, animation, editing and rendering.
- Created both 2D and 3D assets as needed for each production.
- Worked with motion-capture data in order to produce realistic, character-driven performances.
|Technical Illustrator & 3D Modeler||Ann Arbor, MI|
|Humantech, Inc||September 1998 – August 2004|
- Illustrated engineers’ concepts and for redesigning workstations for improved ergonomic comfort.
- Worked within the design department in order to prepare presentations and manuals for the engineers and clients.
Ann Arbor, MI
Professionals who compete with Chris
Professionals in the same Arts / Entertainment / Publishing sector as Chris MacDonald
Professionals from different sectors near Chicago, City of Chicago, Cook
Other users who are called Chris
Jobs near Chicago, City of Chicago, Cook
Walmart Summit Argo, IL, United States Part time
Do you enjoy helping customers figure out and find what they need? · From every day needs to special occasions, customers need you to take them to that special product. As a sales associate in Apparel ...
Anders Group Chicago, United States
$2288.6 per week · Healthcare experience is REQUIRED to be considered for this position · Radiologic Tech Radiologic Tech · Location: EL PASO, TX · Start Date: 12/04/2023 · Shift: 5x8 Nights · Setting ...
Binny's Beverage Depot New Lenox, United States
Job Details Description Overview: · We are the Midwest's largest retailer of fine wines, spirits, beers and cigars. Weoffer competitive prices and a friendly and knowledgeable staff to assist with sel ...