CASE STUDY: Marketing the Micro Personal Theater
UPDATE NO. 2 (APRIL 13, 2017) ... THIS IS A REAL-TIME, REAL-WORLD CASE STUDY IN MARKETING A NEW PRODUCT...
Preface: Most case studies in business are performed after the fact, in retrospect. But this case study is being done real-time, and the data and other information, as well as the eventual post-mortem analysis, will be developed as the real-world events of this particular marketing campaign transpire.
Consequently, this piece is a work in progress and will be for some time. Periodically, updates will be made to the text and the date of the latest revision noted in the header. So feel free to check back regularly as we move forward, and to post your comments, suggestions, and observations as we go. This is your opportunity to have input into how the marketing proceeds and perhaps to gain with me some insight into what works and what doesn't, and why.
April 7, 2017 ― Initial product notice prepared and posted to various social media, beBee, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+...
UPDATE NO. 1 (Apr 11, 2017) ...
From the discussion to date, several suggestions were made and a number of points because evident.
1) The product name has evolved to MicroPersonal Theater Stand.
2) This opens a path to creating and marketing a line "micro" accessory products that are ultra small and lightweight for Road Warriors and other traveling consumers who want to focus their digital communications, entertainment, and work around their smartphone, rather than lug a laptop around.
3) The consensus of opinion is that the MicroPersonal line needs to be a direct marketing and fulfillment line of products and that the primary focus should be on digital marketing of the "guerilla" genre.
4) MicroPersonal will be launching a User-Advocate program that will reward those who genuinely like and promote the product.
5) A marketing video for each MicroPersonal item, starting with the Theater Stand, will be added to the arsenal of marketing materials. And specific marketing posts will be developed for each social media platform.
6) A memorable logo needs to be developed.
7) Alternate uses need to be developed and detailed in short videos and print collateral. For example, the MicroPersonal Theater Stand can also be used as a convenient camera stand for making selfie videos and beBee live buzzes.
8) Consideration is being given to providing a free insurance policy on the MicroPersonal Theater Stand to cover full replacement if damaged while a user is dragged off a commercial airliner by security personnel for refusing to give up his or her seat so that it can be given to an airline employee. Your comments on this last idea are solicited.
UPDATE NO. 2 (Apr 13, 2017) ...
1) Jerry Fletcher has kindly suggested a logo for the MPT:I personally like it overall, but am thinking that the shift should be made to "MicroPersonal" as the umbrella brand. What do you think?
2) Is there anyone out there who would like to take a crack at editing up a demo/sales video for the MPT? It would be a good opportunity for you to showcase your skills. If so, let me know.
3) As many of you know, the MPT has been criticized by Beezer Don 🐝 Kerr, who has advanced a potentially competing product, the MEGO, which he believe is more "insouciant". Well, never to let a challenge go unanswered, MicroPersonal comes back with its special MEGO-Buster Edition for those who like some whimsy with their utility. How ya' like dem apples, Don?
Please keep the suggestions and comments coming in... To be continued...
Author's notes: If you are finding this article of interest and value, you might also want to look at some of my other writing about small business operations, management, and marketing:
To receive notifications of updates of this Case Study, as well as of my other writings, on a regular basis, click the [FOLLOW] button on my beBee profile. Better yet, click [Subscribe To This Blog by Email]. As a writer-friend of mine says, you can always change your mind later.
Feel free to "like" and "share" this post and my other LinkedIn articles — whether on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or Google+. I ask only that you credit me properly as the author, and include a live link to the original work.
About me, About me, Phil Friedman:: With 30 some years background in the marine industry, I've worn numerous hats — as a yacht designer, boat builder, marine operations and business manager, marine industry consultant, marine marketing and communications specialist, yachting magazine writer and editor, yacht surveyor, and marine industry educator. I am also trained and experienced in interest-based negotiation and mediation. In a previous life, I taught logic and philosophy at university.
GETTING OUT ON THE WATER IN YACHTS LIKE THE RIVIERA BELIZE 54 IS A TOUGH, GRUELING JOB... BUT SOMEON ...
GRUMPY AND GROUCHY TAKE A CRITICAL LOOK AT THE HONEY FACTORY... · Preface: · When Jim Murray and I f ...
PRACTICAL STEPS FOR HIGHER GROSS PROFIT WITHOUT ADDED OVERHEADS... · Preface: · This is the first in ...
You may be interested in these jobs
Found in: Jooble US - 2 days ago
Memorial Hermann Health System Houston, TX
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it. Job Summary · Collaborates wit ...
Found in: Indeed US - 9 hours ago
North Country Prenatal/Perinatal Council, Inc. Watertown Full Time
The North Country Prenatal/Perinatal Council, Inc. is seeking an amazing individual for a full-time position as Community Health Worker (CHW) · The CHW will be responsible for identifying high-risk women of childbearing age in targeted communities throughout Jefferson County. Add ...
Found in: Jooble US - 1 day ago
Atria Senior Living Burlington, MA Full time
Up to $1,000 sign on bonus No experience needed Apply today. Atria Senior Living has immediate openings for caregivers and is offering competitive pay with great benefits. At Atria, you can have a great work-life balance, paid holidays & PTO, advancement opportunities, tuition re ...