CASE STUDY: Marketing the Micro Personal Theater
UPDATE NO. 2 (APRIL 13, 2017) ... THIS IS A REAL-TIME, REAL-WORLD CASE STUDY IN MARKETING A NEW PRODUCT...
Preface: Most case studies in business are performed after the fact, in retrospect. But this case study is being done real-time, and the data and other information, as well as the eventual post-mortem analysis, will be developed as the real-world events of this particular marketing campaign transpire.
Consequently, this piece is a work in progress and will be for some time. Periodically, updates will be made to the text and the date of the latest revision noted in the header. So feel free to check back regularly as we move forward, and to post your comments, suggestions, and observations as we go. This is your opportunity to have input into how the marketing proceeds and perhaps to gain with me some insight into what works and what doesn't, and why.
April 7, 2017 ― Initial product notice prepared and posted to various social media, beBee, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+...
UPDATE NO. 1 (Apr 11, 2017) ...
From the discussion to date, several suggestions were made and a number of points because evident.
1) The product name has evolved to MicroPersonal Theater Stand.
2) This opens a path to creating and marketing a line "micro" accessory products that are ultra small and lightweight for Road Warriors and other traveling consumers who want to focus their digital communications, entertainment, and work around their smartphone, rather than lug a laptop around.
3) The consensus of opinion is that the MicroPersonal line needs to be a direct marketing and fulfillment line of products and that the primary focus should be on digital marketing of the "guerilla" genre.
4) MicroPersonal will be launching a User-Advocate program that will reward those who genuinely like and promote the product.
5) A marketing video for each MicroPersonal item, starting with the Theater Stand, will be added to the arsenal of marketing materials. And specific marketing posts will be developed for each social media platform.
6) A memorable logo needs to be developed.
7) Alternate uses need to be developed and detailed in short videos and print collateral. For example, the MicroPersonal Theater Stand can also be used as a convenient camera stand for making selfie videos and beBee live buzzes.
8) Consideration is being given to providing a free insurance policy on the MicroPersonal Theater Stand to cover full replacement if damaged while a user is dragged off a commercial airliner by security personnel for refusing to give up his or her seat so that it can be given to an airline employee. Your comments on this last idea are solicited.
UPDATE NO. 2 (Apr 13, 2017) ...
1) Jerry Fletcher has kindly suggested a logo for the MPT:I personally like it overall, but am thinking that the shift should be made to "MicroPersonal" as the umbrella brand. What do you think?
2) Is there anyone out there who would like to take a crack at editing up a demo/sales video for the MPT? It would be a good opportunity for you to showcase your skills. If so, let me know.
3) As many of you know, the MPT has been criticized by Beezer Don 🐝 Kerr, who has advanced a potentially competing product, the MEGO, which he believe is more "insouciant". Well, never to let a challenge go unanswered, MicroPersonal comes back with its special MEGO-Buster Edition for those who like some whimsy with their utility. How ya' like dem apples, Don?
Please keep the suggestions and comments coming in... To be continued...
Author's notes: If you are finding this article of interest and value, you might also want to look at some of my other writing about small business operations, management, and marketing:
To receive notifications of updates of this Case Study, as well as of my other writings, on a regular basis, click the [FOLLOW] button on my beBee profile. Better yet, click [Subscribe To This Blog by Email]. As a writer-friend of mine says, you can always change your mind later.
Feel free to "like" and "share" this post and my other LinkedIn articles — whether on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or Google+. I ask only that you credit me properly as the author, and include a live link to the original work.
About me, About me, Phil Friedman:: With 30 some years background in the marine industry, I've worn numerous hats — as a yacht designer, boat builder, marine operations and business manager, marine industry consultant, marine marketing and communications specialist, yachting magazine writer and editor, yacht surveyor, and marine industry educator. I am also trained and experienced in interest-based negotiation and mediation. In a previous life, I taught logic and philosophy at university.
Articles from Phil FriedmanView blog
PRACTICAL STEPS FOR HIGHER GROSS PROFIT WITHOUT ADDED OVERHEADS... · Preface: · This is the first in ...
"[By] the use of mooring facilities, boaters don’t unintentionally harm seagrass beds with their anc ...
GETTING OUT ON THE WATER IN YACHTS LIKE THE RIVIERA BELIZE 54 IS A TOUGH, GRUELING JOB... BUT SOMEON ...
You may be interested in these jobs
Wintrust Financial Park Ridge, IL, United States
Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology ...
Jobot Atlanta, GA, United States
Growing Hospitals Seeking RNs for Full-time Jobs on Their NICU This Jobot Job is hosted by: Martin Paeplow · Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume. ...
HSSG Inc Encinitas, CA, United States Part time
Brand Ambassador - San Diego - $20.00/hr. · HSSG Inc. is looking for Brand Ambassadors to join our Roadshow team to promote and sell our gourmet foods at various Costco locations. · Brand Ambassadors ...