9 Time-Management Pointers for Super Busy Sales Reps
Time is the scarcest resource, and unless it is managed, nothing else can be managed. -- Peter Drucker
High-performing salespeople are disciplined and use their time effectively. Implementing structure and organization around your time and activities will put you on a productive path to success in sales. Here are 9 on-point tips for crazy-busy sales reps.
1. Determine the revenue-generating hours …
When are your prospects available? Block off that prime time on your calendar!
- Match your working hours to your prospects and to your markets.
- Not all buyers and markets work 8 – 5 … get to know their schedules.
- Test out different hours.
- Moreover, start earlier, work later, and work weekends.
You’ll see results and leapfrog the competition!
2. Schedule time for prospecting, demos, advancing and closing deals …
- Spend more time with prospects, qualified leads, and referrals that will generate maximum ROI for you and your company.
- Spend your prime time wisely building rapport, trust, and advancing deals.
3. Score, prioritize, and cluster tasks and activities for greater efficiency …
- Develop a rhythm and get in a groove.
- For example, make calls for a few hours; then send follow up emails during another block of time.
4. Do NOT spend too much time with the wrong accounts …
- Determine the value of each account and qualify at every sales stage.
- CRM daily views of contacts and accounts should include last-activity-date columns.
5. Spend less time on non-revenue generating activities that cost you opportunities …
- Save non-urgent activities, such as administrative tasks and internal operations, for non-revenue generating hours.
- Ask yourself 3 questions on to-do decisions:
1) When will the activity matter?
2) How important is it?
3) How long will it matter?
6. Create email templates for lead generation scenarios and for every stage of a prospect’s buying cycle …
- Include fill-in-the-blank sections for quick personalization.
7. Institute a cloud-based alphabetized filing system that is backed up and synchronized across all your devices.
- Scan paper documents … don’t save unnecessary documents.
8. Quickly celebrate both small and large wins to keep the momentum going …
- When you schedule an appointment with a valuable prospect, immediately pick up the phone for the next call.
- When you close a deal, rapidly call the next contact in an end-sales stage.
9. Set specific weekly, monthly, and quarterly objectives -and determine tasks to complete them …
- Put your goals in writing, and monitor your progress.
- Focus your energy, see results and accomplish your goals.
Originally published at www.linkedin.com.
Thanks for reading! Like what you read? Share, like, and comment. Follow me for more helpful lead generation, sales, marketing, and recruiting strategies.
Image Credit: binyaminmellish · Social selling tec ...
Image Credit: www.number9creative.com · 1) Today f ...
You have no groups that fit your search