- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Satellite / Service Center – Aurora, CO
Eaton located in Aurora, CO has an opening for a Production Technician-I to work first shift. The incumbent will perform a wide range of skills including: assemble, fit and mount sub-assemblies, components, and standard fixed assemblies in electrical control equipment. Perform assembly required for test preparation and final inspection. Use established power checking procedures and equipment to verify electrical/mechanical integrity of units assembled. Perform all assignments within acceptable quantity and perfect quality requirements in keeping within assigned functions.
· Perform assigned function from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing information.
· Follow established procedures/work instructions for assigned function.
· Handle materials in accordance with established procedures.
· Perform routine maintenance on all plant equipment in area of assignment as required.
· Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure conformance with specifications and codes.
· Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages.
· Handle all finished products for shipment; call carriers and load materials into carrier's vehicles.
· Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly by performing 5-S duties and continued dedication to raising the bar.
· Exhibit teamwork in all you do, maintaining a positive and team based attitude. Support peers in time of high demand by working hours assigned and overtime as required; also comply with scheduled start/stop times and break periods for the facility.
· Participate on local teams to improve site conditions, productivity, and performance.
· Lift 35 lbs. with reasonable accommodation as required.
· Work in a timely manner to ensure customer needs are fulfilled and deadlines are met. Work at a pace that meets expected productivity goals.
· Perform other functions as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
Minimum one year of experience in electrical assembly or manufacturing setting or completion of a vocational program (minimum of 9 months)
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Aurora, CO will be considered.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
· Should be familiar with assembly drawings and written instructions
· Basic computer skills with strong attention to detail.
Experience in electrical equipment manufacturing and assembly (panelboards / switchboards preferred)
Experience in electrical equipment maintenance / installation
· Experience using various tools, including: Manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, press brake, fork truck, jib crane, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment.
· Must be able to interact and contribute in a small team environment.
· Know and follow established job specific and facility wide health and safety procedures and rules.
· Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management's attention or correct those they can.
· Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities:
· Develop job safety analysis and safe working procedures.
· Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
· Accident, near-miss accident or potential hazard investigations.
· Keep other employees aware of health and safety practices and activities by actively observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety.
· Maintain housekeeping in work area.
· Maintain health and safety equipment in good working
About the company
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that make electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely and sustainably.