- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
The purpose of the Production Technician is to operate a variety of machinery in order to produce a quality product.
We're looking for Packaging Machine Operators for 3rd shift roles. These positions require being on your feet for 8 hours a day, but offer consistent, full time hours (11pm to 7am). Candidates with good mechanical and/or machine operator experience are encouraged to apply.
If you are a safety minded candidate, have a solid history of work ethic and work attendance, you may be a great fit for this position.
• Ensure quality and compliance in accordance with established procedures and standards of the Quality System.
• Comply with and support the GSK Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Operate and troubleshoot a variety of machinery. Operate the worksaver and standup/sitdown lifts as needed. Utilize manlifts. Perform line changeovers, which include cleaning, disassembly, re-assembly of line equipment and lubrication.
• Support line performance, working closely with team associates for achievement of line standards.
• Follow SOP’s, change control / validation processes, and adhere to established cleaning programs for GMP compliance
• Work as a High Performance Team member supporting all aspects of team performance. Work on Cross Functional Teams supporting the intent to improve equipment utilization, line changeover times, new technology and state of the art automation.
• Understand and seek continuous improvement of the business needs.
• Complete batch record documentation monitoring Right First Time results and related Key Performance Indicators
• Assist in the training of other Technicians as needed. Assist in the development of SOP’s and required annual review. Assist in the generation of measurements to track efficiencies and other pertinent data for the unit to identify and implement continuous improvement efforts.
• Report all safety concerns and hazards immediately.
• Comply with all operational safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requireme
Job Family - Packaging Operations: Operates, monitors and controls part of a production line resulting in final packaged pharmaceutical products meeting regulatory and quality standards. Cleans and ensures proper functioning of manufacturing equipment. Performs simple maintenance. May also complete standards documents, including those relating to quality assurance. Follows established procedures and respects Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) concerning quality, safety and hygiene.
Job Family Group - Manufacturing: Responsible for the organisation's manufacturing and/or production operations including assembly, machinery, processing and/or packaging. Sets production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials supply, staffing resources, and volume required to meet demand and to ensure maximum production quantity and quality.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and succeed in a team environment
• Ability to lift 5-25 lbs. frequently and occasionally lift drums, bags and cases weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
• Team oriented and flexible, able to adapt to changing assignments
• Highly motivated and self-driven with a desire to continuously improve own skill set. Able to function productively with minimal supervision.
• Good organizational skills and interest in project management
• Detail oriented
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without
About the company
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare.
As one of the few healthcare companies researching both medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases – HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, we are very proud to have developed some of the leading global medicines in these fields.
Our product portfolio also includes a range of consumer brands, many of which are household names around the world, including Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Tums.