- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Advanced Technologist - Data Security
Company The Boeing Company
Job ID 1800013796
Date posted 03/09/2018
Location Bellevue Washington United States
North Charleston;South Carolina;United States~
You will be part of AnalytX Platform and Data team and will partner closely with a team of data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts leading Boeing’s Big Data strategy. You will architect and implement these road maps and bring to life revolutionary new analytics and insights. You will provide technical direction to the engineering and application team. You will collaborate with internal functions to utilize the new big data tools while ensuring data security control design and process compliance.
• Design and develop data security architecture (tooling and processes) for data pipelines on a big data platform.
• Review and analyze enterprise data security policy for application across organization and data platform.
• Develop, communicate, and coordinate implementation of data security processes and standards across organization and data platform.
• Participate in requirements gathering and technical design workshops with business and platform developers.
• Provide architecture and technology leadership across data security technology and compliance space.
• Reviewing, analyzing and evaluating market requirements, business requirements and project briefs to ensure end-to-end data security requirements are met.
• Develop process templates/patterns using big data tools to manage and maintain data security.
• Develop and recommend novel and innovative - yet proven and demonstrated - approaches to solving business and technical problems regarding data security.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
• Lead experience in application development using modern languages such as .Net, Java, Perl, and Python.
• Experience with data platforms such as Teradata and Hadoop
• Experience in Linux.
• Experience building data pipelines
• Deep knowledge of database design, data architecture and comparison to relational databases
• Strong data processing skills including automation scripting and SQL.
• Experience in designing, developing, and implementing data-centric security infrastructure, architecture, controls, and policies.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams, including but not limited to business partners, intellectual property management, IT infrastructure, vendor management,
• Conceptual knowledge of the purpose and use of Attribute-Based Access Controls. Experience in use of Role-Based Access Controls.
• Experience with COBIT, TOGAF, and ITIL frameworks.
• Ability to "Read the Manual" and figure it out
• Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to quickly understand new technologies, assess impact against current data security policies, and develop plan to implement technical and policy change.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Basic qualifications (required):
Experience supporting applications/data warehouses in production environments.
Experience with Hadoop in a production environment.
Experience working with Linux.
Experience developing and integrating applications focused on access controls.
Experience supporting regulatory compliance processes/audits (e.g. SOX, DFARS, etc).
- A current active DoD 8140.01 (previously 8570.01) compliant certification (i.e. CompTIA Network +, Security, CASP, GSLC,
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.