Senior Big Data Platform Development Engineer Healthcare Data Cloud
Found in: Lensa US
Senior Big Data Platform Development Engineer
Overview of Position
As Senior Software Engineer, you will evolve the data cloud platform and building pipelines that are scalable, robust and resilient, to validate, ingest, normalize/enrich and support business rule processing of healthcare data. You will provide leadership in big data and cloud technologies. You will work with engineering, product management, program management and operations teams planning and delivering the data platform products. You are an independent and resourceful backend or full-stack development engineer with advanced design and problem-solving skills, demonstrated competency in building enterprise and cloud products, and you enjoy working in diverse and fast paced engineering teams.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Develop a scalable and resilient cloud data platform and scalable data pipelines.
- Ensure industry best practices around data pipelines, metadata management, data quality, data governance and data privacy.
- Be a thought leader and partner in the development and execution of the Enterprise Technology Strategy
- Create new opportunities in this space for Change with new feature capabilities and new offerings that drive customer and business value.
- Partner with Product Management and Business leaders to drive Agile delivery of both existing and new offerings
- Assist with the Leadership and collaboration with engineering organizations within Change to manage and optimize portfolio.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data pipelines with Spark in Java, Scala, Python
- Proven track record of building scaled data platforms and enterprise products, working in large engineering teams
- Experience with public Clouds such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Strong backend programming skills for data processing, with practical knowledge of availability, scalability, clustering, microservices, multi-threaded development and performance patterns.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, and 8+ years of software development experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Advances Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique need of different audiences
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and other accountable to meet commitments.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system
Some of our positions require employees to be onsite at a Change Healthcare facility or a Client site, including Medical Facilities. Depending on the site's health and safety guidelines, you may be required to have medical screenings or vaccinations to meet site requirements, which may include Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing. Further details and requirements will be confirmed during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare's Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
calendar_today 2 days ago
Senior Engineer, Big Data Analytics Cloud Platform: Hadoop, AWS/Azure · What will I be responsible for in this job? ...
Change Healthcare - North Carolina - Talent US
Job Code: ABT_9334_01 · Location: Weddington, NC · Duration: Fulltime · Job Type: Direct Hire / Permanent , ...
Arthur Lawrence - North Carolina - Jooble US
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture ...
EY - Columbia - Lensa US
The ideal candidate's favorite words are learning, data, scale, and agility. You will leverage your strong collaboration ...
NextGen Global Resources, LLC. - Columbia - Appcast US Premium
Cogent People Inc is seeking a Big Data Engineer to support Healthcare Marketplace data analytics project at CMS. As a B ...
Cogent People Inc. - Columbia - Appcast US Premium