Big Data Engineer
Found in: Jooble US
Knowesis is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to support the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of Inspector General (OIG) in all aspects of design, development, and delivery of data solutions. This position requires a Secret clearance or higher and requires U.S. Citizenship ( applicants without proof of US citizenship will not be considered due to the position's security clearance requirement ).
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling; use data to discover tasks that can be automated.
- Work side-by-side with data scientists and analysts to define problems, build models, and perform analysis to identify and implement recommendations.
- Work with data scientists and BI developers to translate business requirements into curated datasets suitable for analytics solutions.
- Design and construct new processes for data modeling and production using prototypes, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis.
- Utilize Python, R, and SQL in data analytics to collect, understand, transform, cleanse, store, and share data in a privacy-preserving way (ETL).
- Leverage the Cloudera Data Platform to deliver data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines.
- Document data pipelines for maintainability.
- Assist in testing, governance, data quality, training, and documentation efforts.
- Communicate with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
- Proficiency with a modern programming language, including R and/or Python.
- Strong command of SQL.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines (NiFi experience preferred).
- Experience writing code to author, schedule, and monitor data pipelines.
- Experience using big data technologies (Cloudera, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.).
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, building processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Working within the Military Health Systems (MHS) and with the DoD military service branches is a plus.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical discipline, with three (3) years minimum experience in data engineering, including experience with one or more modern scripting languages (R or Python).
- Certifications: CompTIA Security +
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
calendar_today 2 days ago
Senior Data Engineer- Fairfax, VA · This is an innovative health technology company that uses an evidence-based B2B2C t ...
Motion Recruitment - Annandale - Lensa US
Title: Data Engineer Salary: $120,000 - $140,000 Requirements: 4 years as a data engineer Python AWS We are a 200 person ...
Optello - Annandale - Jooble US
Title: Data Engineer · Salary: $120,000 - $140,000 · Requirements:4+ years as a data engineer + Python + AWS · We ar ...
Optello - Annandale - Lensa US
The company is currently seeking a high performing Python engineer that can work in a fast-paced, agile environment. You ...
Motion Recruitment - Annandale - Lensa US
Senior Advisor, Data Engineering-Remote Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer the ...
Dell - Annandale - Jooble US