Found in: Lensa US
Description:Why Mayo Clinic
You are invited to be a part of the Mayo Clinic legacy where Respiratory Therapists are essential care providers within our multidisciplinary integrated group practice.
As a Respiratory Therapist at Mayo Clinic, you will be a part of a world-renowned ICU and Intermediate Care environment that presents opportunities that may rarely be experienced elsewhere. As our practice continues to grow, we are in search of motivated individuals who thrive in an environment that is as challenging as it is rewarding. We are on the frontlines of advancements in medicine and our Respiratory Therapists play a vital role in forging the path to excellence in patient care and future opportunities. Our diverse team provides health, hope, and healing to patients from all over the world. We do so in a variety of settings with opportunities to build a career.
At Mayo Clinic, you will experience:
- The highest quality patient care by placing the needs of the patient first. We will do everything in our power to help you deliver the world's finest care for our patients using the latest techniques and state of the art equipment.
- Variety and Exposure that is second to none. Our team of Respiratory Therapists is well-respected and we contribute much to the patient's overall experience. As such, we have autonomy of practice with multiple RT-driven protocols and procedures. The variety of complex and challenging patient experiences is second to none. The opportunity to build an invaluable skillset is available to those willing to learn.
- Work / Life Balance. Our department strives to maintain a balance between work and home. While we have expectations for employment, we also realize the importance of productivity at work and the quality of patient care that goes along with it. This balance is a continual focus. Our current openings are for a 0.9 -1.0 FTE which allow us to meet the expectations of work and home.
- Professional growth and unlimited career opportunities. We invest in you. On-site education and in-service opportunities make it possible for you to meet re-licensure needs while expanding your professional knowledge and skills. Backed by Mayo's commitment to education and professional development, you will be empowered to pursue opportunities in management, education, process improvement, and research.
- Empowerment and collaboration. Working in our system, you will interact with a team focused on competence, compassion, and accountability. You will be empowered to make decisions not only in patient care but in numerous clinic teams where you will have the opportunity to broadly affect patient care, education and research. You'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect.
At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to be a part of our team where you'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
A respiratory therapist provides assessment, treatment, and monitoring of cardiopulmonary disease across the continuum of care. A respiratory therapist functions as part of an interdisciplinary team that coordinates and provides continuity of care in a financially responsible manner. A respiratory therapist is able to quickly and accurately assess a patient's condition and communicates effectively to the care team concerning about changes in patient's condition, results of diagnostic studies, symptomatology, and response to treatment.
The Respiratory Therapist job requires graduation from an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy and basic computer literacy.
Bachelor's degree in Respiratory Therapy or healthcare related field is preferred. Previous hospital experience preferred. Additional NBRC specialty credentials preferred. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Function with initiative and independent judgment; desire for continuous quality improvement.
License or certification
National Board for Respiratory Care Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credential and active Minnesota Respiratory Therapist License (LRT) both required before first day of employment and must be maintained throughout duration of employment. National Board for Respiratory Care Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential is required upon hire or by the end of one year of employment and must be maintained throughout duration of employment. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or equivalent determined by site is required. Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) where applicable. Additional life support certifications may be required by site of hire.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $29.66 per hour.
Hours / Pay period
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
calendar_today 1 day ago