Found in: Jooble US
Oshkosh, WI, 54902, United States of America
Reference ID: AhWrw3
Date Posted: 10/08/2021
The Materials Manager (MM) is responsible for daily execution and improvement of service, inventory and cost to customers that are serviced by the associated facility. The Materials Manager manages the day to day activities of procurement, movement, storage, production scheduling and inventory control activities of raw materials, ingredients, and finished goods. Deliverables range across key customer and vendor management, short and long-term material and production planning, and materials management.
- Support safety activities within the supply chain. Warehouse, and materials management functions.
- Data collection/entry of customer forecasts and purchase orders.
- Manage the customers' recipes and bills of materials in relation to the plant's production equipment and computer systems to ensure precise creation of the customers' product.
- Execution of supply chain responsibilities that will include and not limited to daily planning/scheduling, procurement, and logistics /warehouse management.
- Manage day to day raw material flow and inventory levels.
- Place and track purchase orders with suppliers and or advise customer of material needs.
- Customer and Vendor management.
- Manage the production scheduling process to meet the customers' needs and expectations, while optimizing the use of plant resources.
- Ensure that food safety fundamentals and safety plans are reviewed when changes are made which may affect food safety
- Manage the Receiving and Shipping processes to ensure on-time deliveries to both internal and external customers.
- Drive change in managing inventory levels and inventory turns and minimizing obsolescence, scrap, aged inventories and inventory reserves.
- Analyze production yield, material usage, and material loss data to understand customer/material impacts.
- Maintain a clear understanding of customer expectations for accuracy, quality, and timeliness; then, develop and implement methods for meeting or exceeding those expectations.
- Maximize production efficiency through change to current planning processes which will result in reduced changeovers, machine downtime and downtime due to raw materials/component shortages.
- Participate and assist in development of new, effective programs/policies for customer, supplier, transportation and logistics management in conjunction with Supply Chain and plant leadership
- Provide daily, weekly and or monthly inventory and service reports to internal and external shareholders, as well as participate in the monthly metrics review.
- Identify, manage, and support loss reduction initiatives.
- Accountable for departmental project deliverables. Secure and allocate appropriate resources and manage projects to meet goals and achieve financial objectives.
- Interact positively with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Leverage internal/external experts in network to accomplish goals.
- Responsible for delivery of short-term and-long term results in order to develop and maintain the organization's credibility with our core customer base.
- Three plus (3+) years of experience in Supply Chain Management, purchasing, materials management
Food manufacturing experience
Demonstrated track record in improving inventory accuracy, driving inventory reduction strategies and reducing premium freight.
calendar_today 1 day ago
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS · At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. Un ...
Generac Power Systems - Oshkosh - Appcast US Premium
Description: · This position pulls and stages raw materials for production usage according to work order requirements a ...
Aerotek - Oshkosh - College RecruiterUS Premium
STS Technical Services is hiring Material Handlers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Job Duties: Pick, package and ship it ...
STS Technical Services - Oshkosh - Jooble US
Material Handler · ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES · Moves freight, stock, or other materials to and from sto ...
AZZ Inc. - Oshkosh - College RecruiterUS Premium
STS Technical Services is hiring Material Handlers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. · Job Duties: · Pick, package and ship ite ...
STS Technical Services - Oshkosh - College RecruiterUS Premium