Review and Challenge - Operational Risk Manager, VP
Found in: Lensa US
Review and Challenge - Operational Risk Manager, VP
- Requisition # 10046164-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Other Locations NEW YORK-New York, TEXAS-Dallas, ARIZONA-Tempe
- Date Posted 09/01/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Reporting to Operational Risk Business Risk Assessment team lead (Regional Banking, Finance, Treasury, CCAR, Legal, Strategy, HR) responsible for executing the second line of defense Operational Risk Management ("ORM") business oversight and challenge activities across the Business Lines as assigned.
- Support preparation and facilitation of the Business oversight meetings to review and discuss key operational risk topics (inclusive of emerging risks, critical initiatives, issues, etc.,) and related items to accurately understand the Business Lines risk profile and trend and provide oversight and meaningful challenges
- Perform business risk assessment (i.e. oversight and challenge activities) to ensure that Business Lines and corporate functions have implemented and executed ORM programs (RCSA, Loss data, Scenario, KRM, Issue Management etc.,) in accordance with the firm's policy, and various program requirements
- Communicate issues/observations identified from the assessment with the Business Lines and provide recommendations/request the Business Line's review and actions to remediate as necessary
- Ensure the results of all work performed is documented in accordance with the program requirements (Procedures, Execution Guidelines and related) prior to due date, well supported with underlying details and is ready for independent review upon request
- Support analysis and identification of root causes related to ORM programs, process and controls.
- Work with the Business Line and the second line of defense (when applicable) to address those issues, measuring and tracking progress in remediation
- Work with the second line of defense (e.g. ORM programs, Compliance, Fraud, Sales Practice, Information Risk Management, Business Continuity, and Third Party) in coordinating and executing on the above requirements
- Prepare quarterly/periodic reporting of the Business Line ORM program execution that provide a clear and concise view of the Business Lines ORM program execution status and any issues/key items that may require management's attention
- Support the team lead/Program on Audit and or Regulatory exam preparation and review to address inquiries and submit the requested documentation/information adequately and timely
- Stay abreast of industry developments in operational risk management/Banking industry in general to ensure the second line risk assessment and challenge program accounts for new practices
- Support initiatives on development/enhancement of the program and or ORM related
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field; MBA preferred.
- 10 -15 years' experience in operational risk management, internal audit, management consulting or related field, including 3 years work related to risk management
- Strong knowledge of operational risk management, regulatory requirements and industry practices
- Strong knowledge in ORM Programs including (but not limited to): RCSA, Loss data, Scenario Analysis, KRM/KRI and Issue Management
- Understanding of banking regulatory agency expectation/requirements on operational risk management
- Strong ability to analyze data and trends and prepare meaningful reports
- Experience in control testing techniques and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to manage workloads and prioritize deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong oral / written communication skills. Comfortable presenting the results of the assessment to the Business Lines management and provide independent challenges when different view exists
- Good interpersonal skills to build and manage relationships with Business Lines as well as various second line of defense groups
- Strong work commitment and works well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Broad view of the financial services industry; previous working experience within Consumer and or Commercial Banking business risk management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
calendar_today 2 days ago
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count? Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (M ...
MUFG - Charlotte - beBee S2 US
Hamlyn Williams has partnered with a top US Investment Bank to help grow their capital markets operational risk team. Th ...
Hamlyn Williams - Charlotte - Jooble US
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count? · Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Grou ...
MUFG - Charlotte - Jooble US
Job Description · Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone numb ...
Wells Fargo - Charlotte - College RecruiterUS Premium
Job Description: · The Compliance and Operational Risk (C&OR) Manager is responsible for engaging in activities to prov ...
Bank of America - Charlotte - Appcast US Premium