Sr Transportation Supervisor
Found in: Lensa US
Oversees the transportation department of one or more locations within assigned geography; providing leader-ship within the location(s) as assigned. Acts as the liaison between customer, operations, CSRs, and the support team.
Key Job Activities:
- Customer First: o Maintain and manage inventory supplies to ensure that adequate inventories are maintained at all times
o Maintain a high standard of customer service as measured by key metrics (on-time, no missed stops, loyalty, etc.).
o Develop relationships with customers and establish contacts that are comfortable providing accurate service feedback
o Conduct customer visits to review service
o Manage customer interaction records to resolve service issues
- Company Growth: o Review payroll hours to ensure overtime hours are necessary and all employees are working efficiently
- Team Member Development: o Select, train, and develop an effective and efficient staff: Make every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop a qualified, diverse workforce.
o Perform "ride a-longs", ensuring Route Drivers operate and work safely, efficiently, productively, and deliver a high level of customer service
o Conduct "spot checks" to reinforce proper Driver behavior as well as communicate the value we bring to the customer
o Perform new hire onboarding activities, including timely completion of the I-9 process, along with new hire orientation
o Complete location audits
- Compliance: o Track and input DOT hours/JJ Keller
o Monitor and ensure that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Make recommendations for changes or improvement when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries
o Participate as an active member of the Safety Improvement Committee (SIC)
o Oversee and participate in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all Route Drivers and equipment.Ensure DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT files
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
in High School or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Education equivalent to graduation from High school, or GED equivalent; some college preferred
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements
- Commercial Vehicle Driving experience required
- Maintains a current Medical Examiner's Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle/Shred-it
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle
- Demonstrates knowledge of, DOT, OSHA, HIPAA, and NAID
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include spreadsheets and word processing
- Demonstrates knowledge of inventory management and routing and re-routing
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan.
Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.Disclaimer:
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person.This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.
To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
calendar_today 1 day ago
Position Purpose: · Oversees the transportation department of one or more locations within assigned geography; providin ...
Stericycle - Chantilly - Appcast US Premium
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future · . · Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Lea ...
Mantech International Corporation - Chantilly - Lensa US
Data Transport Networks EngineerResponsibilities Include:Maintain the configuration management database for the customer ...
Tenica and Associates - Chantilly - Whatjobs US Premium
An employer is looking for a SR Level BA. As business analyst, you will already have had experience with Medicare FISS. ...
Insight Global - Chantilly - Lensa US
Warehouse Supervisor · Full-Time/Salaried/Benefited · Work week schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 3-11 pm · The Supervis ...
TekStream Solutions - Chantilly - Whatjobs US Premium