Found in: Jooble US
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF's goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people's lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Development Manager will play an integral role in the day-to-day execution of all integrated fundraising efforts for the Chapter. The Chapter footprint covers the States of Nebraska and Iowa with key hubs in Omaha, Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. Adjacent communities to these cities are also covered by the Chapter, while our work is prioritized and aligned with capacity and mission impact opportunities
Working directly with the entire 7 person Chapter team across both States, while directly supervised by the Market Director, the Development Manager will be assigned work that will involve leading and supporting specific components of our core fundraising and community building activities. Our integrated program of work includes Gala, One Walk, Ride, Community Engagement, Advocacy, Other Special Events, Third Party Activities, Corporate Relations, Individual and Major Gifts, and Volunteer Engagement. Important operations and support functions include the active utilization of event management software, donor portfolio management, CRM/Salesforce supporter management, supporter identification, cultivation and stewardship, and volunteer committee oversight.
This role is a hybrid of homebased / telecommuter and in-office (Des Moines or Cedar Rapids) as needed. This will require comfort with, and confidence in, high performance execution in an unconventionally structured environment, with significant direct staff and supporter work accomplished through video teleconferencing and other digital means. Occasional Chapter Office visits (Omaha) and other in-person staff, volunteer and community gatherings throughout the Chapter geography will be required. On-site event participation will also be required as assigned.
- Lead and/or support the coordination of fundraising and non-fundraising efforts directed by your immediate supervisor, with strong matrix collaboration to all Chapter staff as well as the Regional and National resource teams, and volunteer leadership.
- Lead and/or support the development and execution of plans for assigned projects and/or events, including goals, objectives and follow-up. Participate in fundraising related meetings as assigned. Develop and assist in delivering presentations as requested.
- Lead and/or support fundraising and other mission activities designed to increase the identification, education, cultivation, and stewardship of fundraisers, donors, participants, and volunteers.
- Partner with the Market Director, Executive Director, Chapter staff and leadership volunteers to identify, solicit, recruit and develop additional committee volunteers, as assigned.
- Assume various responsibilities for other assigned activities in partnership with various Chapter Staff and under the direction of the Market Director.
- Maintain standards for all programs established by the National Program Teams to ensure that the fundraising and program priorities of JDRF are always incorporated.
- Ensure that event logistics and budget/timelines are met for each assigned activity.
- Comply with JDRF's financial policies and procedures. Maintain accurate and complete financial records as required.
- Perform data entry into the various project management platforms, as assigned, to ensure event information is current according to policies and standards.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, agendas, and activities as requested. Prepare PowerPoint presentations and meeting support materials as assigned.
- Respond to and follow through with all inquiries, needs, complaints and/or issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all proprietary information.
- Maintain a solid understanding of JDRF's mission and research therapeutics.
- Perform all other responsibilities and projects as assigned by her/his immediate supervisor and/or senior management.
- Accountable for meeting deadlines, responding to volunteers, Market Director, Executive Director, and other Chapter requests.
- 3-4 years of fundraising experience, including events.
- CRM database knowledge, Salesforce preferred.
- Experience with event management software, Greater Giving and Luminate online preferred.
- Self-starter, with the ability to collaborate as a team player
- Team player who can achieve individual objectives and support those of the entire chapter team.
- Works well within a matrix structure where more than one individual is providing guidance, feedback, counsel and support.
- Self-motivated and able to successfully work on projects independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to create and manage processes that enhances efficiency of staff work while allowing for donor centricity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel within the chapter footprint. Occasional evening and weekend work as needed.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by September 7, 2021. The only potential exception to this rule is for applicants who cannot be vaccinated due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
calendar_today 2 days ago
Company Description · JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF's goal is ...
Smartrecruiters - Cedar Rapids - beBee S2 US
WE GO BEYOND THE OBVIOUS, USING INTELLIGENCE, PASSION AND CREATIVITY TO INSPIRE NEW THINKING AND SHAPE THE WORLD WE LIVE ...
Kantar - Cedar Rapids - Jooble US
Develops and directs the City's economic development strategy. Collaborates with economic development organizations and ...
GovernmentJobs - Cedar Rapids - Talent US
Job Purpose Generates profitable revenues by selling products and services to the OEM and works within the engineering ...
ESP International - Cedar Rapids - Jooble US
Business Development Manager · We are looking for a highly experienced and energetic business development professional ...
Modern Companies, Inc - Cedar Rapids - Talent US