Linux System Engineer
Found in: Jooble US
US DoD SECRET Security Clearance Required
US Citizenship Required
Love Linux and Security... This job was written for you
Before you read the whole requirement ask yourself these questions:
- Do you love Networking, Linux and Security?
- Know OSPF/other open source routing protocols and want to work in multiple converged network environments?
- Want an awesome office culture and environment to work in?
- Want to be challenged in your work?
- Can you work in a team and on your own?
- Are you awesome to work with?
- Does not solving the problem bug you, keep you up at night even?
- Do you enjoy woking on site with your customer?
If you answered yes to these questions, read on. If your just looking for a boring punch the clock job, you will NOT like this position.
Roka Security is looking for a qualified candidate with network engineering and Linux system engineering experience who likes working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, embedded with the customer near Southern Pines, VA. The ideal candidate for this position is a hybrid between the linux, networking, and security worlds. Experience with OSPF and Linux routing is a must.
This position will be responsible for IT administration and engineering for servers and systems at the customer site and all over the world. While this position is NOT A HELP DESK POSITION, customer interaction on a call and IN PERSON basis should be expected.
In essence, you will be on the customer's site most days to keep the systems running and help the customer with any of Roka's Services we offer.
We work on incredible projects including highly secure complex networks, system and network performance tuning, physical server deployments at data centers around the world, disaster recovery, working with teams to design highly scalable architectures.
If you've work on a customer site in the past, mention it when you apply
The ideal candidate not only knows networking design, routing, and switching but can also build a router out of a linux box
The applicant must be able to research open source technology and help adapt it to our projects. We are looking for people who are security minded, always thinking about how to improve our current technology, and looking for the next opportunity to improve our systems.
If your looking for exciting, fast paced, push forward work, you will love Roka Security. If you need to be the smartest person in the room, this job is probably not for you. Every stellar employee that comes to work for Roka has told us the first 3 months is the best, most challenging, and most exciting learning phase of any job they have had. We hire stellar, smart and dedicated people who challenge and want to be challenged. If that sounds like you... apply
Roka Security is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Specific Technical Expertise and Knowledge Roka Security is looking for:
- 5 or more years experience with Linux Engineering and administration
- Experience with setup and operation of linux services : e.g. OpenVPN, DNS, LDAP, e-mail, file services, Apache/NGINX, Quagga
- Experience reading, writing, or modifying scripts: e.g. Shell, Perl, Python scripts
- Experience with the setup, operation and troubleshooting of networking systems: e.g. switch configuration, vlans, spanning tree protocol, routing protocols, policy based routing, packet capture, netfilter
- Detailed configuration management experience: e.g. SaltStack, Ansible
- Experience with public cloud architecture and tooling is a plus.
- Position is located in near Southern Pines, NC.
- Due to nature of the work a US Government Security Clearance is required.
- Ability to make critical decisions affecting system security posture
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working on customer's site with their people.
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task and communicate effectively with little supervision
- Highly trustworthy persons with the ability to safeguard company/customer proprietary and intellectual property information
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical and Dental
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Relaxed, professional environment
- 401k with company matching and vested on 1st day
calendar_today 5 days ago
US Citizenship RequiredUS DoD SECRET Security Clearance RequiredLove Linux and Security... This job was written for youB ...
Rokacom - Southern Pines - Lensa US
**Type of Requisition:** Regular**Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:** None**Public Trust/Other Required:** Other** ...
General Dynamics Information Technology - Southern Pines - Lensa US