CPR and First Aid Instructor, Part-Time
Found in: Jooble US
The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We help increase the preparedness of our communities by offering courses in First Aid, CPR/AED, Babysitter's Training, Lifeguard Training, Certified Nurse Aid Training and other certification courses.
American Red Cross Health and Safety instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to 12 million people each year in businesses, schools and communities.
The Health & Safety Instructor's primary responsibility is to instruct American Red Cross classes to community groups at the American Red Cross building and/or at community or corporate sites.
This position is responsible for providing high quality instruction, providing necessary reports in a timely manner and properly maintaining equipment in their possession or under their delegated responsibility.*This position is located in Chicago, IL.This is a part-time position working 20-34 hours weekly.
Must be available for up to 34 hours weekly on the following days :
Monday , Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between the hours of 6:00am-10:00pm each day.Responsibilities
- Teaches Red Cross Health and Safety courses within their current certifications to businesses and to the community. Confirms course at least 3-5 business days before the scheduled course. Must arrive to teaching site a minimum 30 minutes before class is to begin. Supply Chain/Logistics:
- Responsible for maintaining, managing and storing all assigned equipment, including storage at assigned work location and transporting equipment in personal vehicle. Responsible for re-ordering all necessary equipment at least once per month and maintaining and managing an active inventory of supplies at all times. Instructors are responsible for transporting, loading/unloading, carrying and/or lifting equipment as necessary at assigned teaching locations. At conclusion of class, is responsible for the cleaning equipment according to established decontamination guidelines and reporting any maintenance issues to the appropriate logistics staff member. Quality Assurance:
- Responsible for applying quality assurance and control programs. Integrates quality improvement activities and measures in overall service provision. Ensures that the proper safety measures are in place to protect customers and staff who participate in the training activities. Resource Management:
- Responsible for efficient and effective use of resources. Adheres to the financial and registration policy regarding unregistered students in Community classes. Availability: Commit to a fixed availability schedule within the scheduling software, Skedulo to meet teaching needs of the territory. Communications/Reporting:
- Engages in regular communications with Training Specialist regarding course updates and latest changes to products/services. Actively submits unavailability requests, as necessary, in Skedulo when not available to be assigned to classes. Submits training activity and other course related records according to standard timelines. Where applicable, training and course-related records must be submitted electronically using the American Red Cross web-based learning center. The instructor is required to use the corporate email account ) issued to him/her upon hire, for all American Red Cross related correspondence. Personnel Management:
- When an instructor's certification is at the level of an Instructor Trainer, they may mentor or coach other instructors as a part of new instructor orientation or during instructor remediation provide supervision to instructors to ensure high quality delivery of services and products. Additional duties may include the following:
- Participation during Town Hall Meetings, quarterly In- Service Training, Product updates, training requirement, certification classes and approved development training. In addition instructors may need to perform light logistics such as restocking of equipment. This activity must be pre-approved by Training Specialist. QualificationsEducation: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).Current certification to be an instructor in discipline is desired. Additional training and certification will be provided to qualified candidate after hire through American Red Cross Health & Safety Service courses. Once certified, the instructor must maintain current basic and instructor level certifications for the courses they have been hired to teach. Experience: Previous experience in education, adult training or service industry preferred. Basic computer and email skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs Comfort and experience in using audio-visual technology (computer/LCD, Power
*Must have strong presentation abilities and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner. Customer service orientation. Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment. *Other:
- Flexible schedule required during the day, evening or weekends. Travel: Ability to travel regionally 50-75%. Current Driver's License preferred. Access to reliable transportation to training sites. _The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply Company's website:
calendar_today 4 days ago
Job Details · Level ExperiencedJob Location State of Illinois - , ILRemote Type Optional Work from HomePosition Type Pa ...
Metrohoustonjobs - Chicago - beBee S2 US
Do you want a job where you can have loads of fun and make a difference in your community by teaching a life skill? Jo ...
British Swim School Pittsburgh - Chicago - Jooble US
Part-Time Aides · OVERVIEW · position can be used to assist with the supervision of students during non-instructional ...
Chicago Public Schools - Chicago - Lensa US
Job Title Driver Aide Position Summary: The SCR Driver Aide will assist Drivers with the loading and unloading of stude ...
SCR MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION INC - Chicago - Jooble US
Responsibilities · JOB SUMMARY: Assures that quality food services are rendered to patients, employees, visitors, Medi ...
Hartgrove Behavioral Health System - Chicago - Jooble US