Director of Grants
Found in: Jooble US
Description:Description Director of Grants Do you have strong knowledge of grants administration, contracts, and compliance? Are you able to manage and direct projects, meet deadlines and make independent decisions? Can you communicate effectively with people at all organizational levels? Do you possess exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail? And most of all, are you eager to ensure the financial stability of a major non-profit by managing funds and all aspects of the Grants Office? If this describes you and your background we hope you will apply for the Director of Grants position at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
About Second Harvest If you don't know about The Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, let us start by saying this is a BIG operation We are a private, nonprofit organization that collects, stores and distributes donated food to more than 550 feeding partners in six Central Florida counties:
Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia.
Last year, with the help of numerous donors, volunteers and a caring, committed community, the food bank distributed nearly 99.1 million meals to partner programs such as food pantries, soup kitchens, women's shelters, senior centers, day care centers and Kids Cafes.
In addition to getting food to those in our community who need it, Second Harvest transforms dozens of lives directly every year through several innovative programs.
Economically-challenged adults who graduate from our 16-week culinary training program are placed in 'better than minimum wage"' jobs that set them and their families on a path to self-sustainability.
We provide assistance to connect people who are eligible to receive SNAP food assistance benefits with the resources they need to access the program and get help.
We collaborate with many social service agencies to address the broad spectrum of needs facing many members of our community.
Department Overview The Finance Department is comprised of accounts payable, accounts receivables, tax and compliance, budgeting, forecasting, cash flows, reporting, internal controls, auditing, strategic planning and risk management.
This department is responsible for the overall management of food bank dollars and is the most critical part in ensuring that food bank dollars are spent and managed correctly.
The Grant Office within the Finance Department is organized to provide a fully integrated administrative and financial function to streamline the award process effectively.
Under the direction of the CFO, the Grant Office-Finance Department is responsible for the pre and post award activities including researching, preparing, writing, submitting grant proposals, budget preparation, expenditure review, reporting and closeout of grants in adherence with grantor terms and conditions.
Job Summary Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, this role will oversee the Grant Office of Second Harvest and ensure proper reporting use of funds.This is a full time position offering a competitive salary, medical benefits, dental and vision benefits options, paid personal time off, sick time, paid holidays, retirement plan options, free employee parking and a wonderful supportive team environment Work Hours Monday – Friday, Business Hours (8:00AM-5:00PM) Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the development of grant budgets during the application process and track accordingly as grants are awarded
- Work with programs to coordinate all components of grants are being met in a timely manner
- Oversee editorial review of proposal drafts in adherence to RFP guidelines and requirements
- Ensure that grant recipients and managers understand the compliance directives issued by the funder
- Ensure proper spending of grant funds and recording of grant transactions for financial statement preparation
- Prepare and submit grant billings to granting agency
- Coordinate and prepare for grant and financial audits
- Prepare monthly reports to internal staff to assist in monitoring the financial performance of the grant billings
- Manage grant documentation and implementation process
- Oversee the collection of grant-supported program performance data, and timely report submission to funders
- Inform the CFO, grant recipients/managers and staff of any issues or concerns with grants
- Oversee the evaluation and improvement of the fiscal administration of grant programs
- Work with the Chief Development Officer in developing grant funding for organizational budget
- Ensure uniformity and accuracy of transaction coding in the financial system
- Ensure internal controls related to grants
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and law
- Ensure compliance with funding requirements
- Oversee the writing and interpretation of sub-awards terms and conditions
- Supervise Grant Writer role
- Cultivate relationships with all funders Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required of this position.Requirements
To formally apply visit - mention job board posting.
calendar_today 2 days ago
Job Title: Grants Coordinator · Location: Tampa, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando and Jacksonville · Work Hours: Full-ti ...
Alzheimer's Association - Orlando - College RecruiterUS Premium
OverviewThe Grants Analyst will work under the direction of our Grants & Funding Services Lead, as part of our Financial ...
Carollo Engineers - Orlando - Lensa US
Overview: · This position serves as a grant liaison for the Biomedical Research Section. This position is responsible f ...
WiredPeople, Inc. - Orlando - Appcast US Premium
WALGREENS · Pharmacy Technician / Pharm Tech Apprenticeship in New Port Richey, FL · WALGREENS · Pharmacy Cashie ...
HBCU CONNECT, LLC - Orlando - Jooble US
The senior accountant grants grant related accounting, application, reimbursement, and reconciliation. The job descripti ...
ALS Education, LLC - Orlando - Lensa US