Senior Resident Engineer
Found in: Jooble US
- Long Island City, New York, United States
Arcadis is seeking a Resident Engineer, with 10+ years of experience, to join our Water Division as part of our construction management team on construction projects within the NYC Metropolitan Area.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country. As a Resident Engineer, you will utilize your experience and technical knowledge of municipal infrastructure, water and wastewater facilities and general building projects to successfully execute and manage programs, under the supervision of the Construction Manager or Project Executive and help us build and grow our practice.
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the firm's day-to-day construction oversight/Resident Engineering efforts on major municipal contracts.
- Manage inspection staff and the delivery of daily inspector reports in accordance with clients' requirements Act as liaison to design staff to respond to Contractors' RFI's and review of shop drawings.
- Provides technical review of construction plans and specifications and project changes for constructability and practicality.
- Manage office staff responsible for record keeping, general correspondence, compiling and drafting of required reports and deliverables.
- Responsible for overall site safety, permit condition compliance and coordination with other City Agencies.
- Monitors Contractor performance, schedule, overall responsiveness, and effectiveness.
- Exerts influence over Contractors to maintain project goals regarding cost, schedule, quality, etc.
- Manages the Contractor payment process and recommends appropriate adjustments as necessary to manage the Contractor.
- Uses effective oral and written communication skills to effectively lead progress, project, safety, scheduling and other contract administration meetings with client, local agencies, and the community.
- Responsible for supervising ARCADIS staff, including development of Professional Development plans, tracking career progress, mentoring, advocating for and approving timesheets and training/development requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Attributes / Skills:
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe and healthful workplace Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency with Primavera and/or MS Project and the MS Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage ARCADIS personnel and remain responsive to Corporate requirements.
- 10+ years of experience with at least 5 years of experience as an Asst. Resident Engineer in NYC.
- BS Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineer - New York (active)
- 12+ years' experience with specific experience with NYCDEP or NYCDDC.
- Active participation in a regional or national professional associations.
- Strong relationships with NYCDEP and/or NYCDDC personnel.
- Interest and ability to network, support proposals and contribute to firm growth in the NYC construction market.
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world's most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry's foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Water is the world's most critical resource. At Arcadis, we work tirelessly to help protect this natural resource, focusing on the entire water cycle. From source to tap, managing rivers and coast zones, urban and rural water supply, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels, our specialists, engineers and scientists help address all of the challenges facing water. Using cutting-edge technologies, collaborating to develop innovative solutions and tapping into global learning development resources, we are uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water services that support the demand of a rapidly changing world. Join our team to start improving quality of life today.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Read reports and forecasts about issues our industry faces.
Where to start: Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network to stay in the loop.
calendar_today 5 days ago
Arcadis is seeking a Resident Engineer, with 10 years of experience, to join our Water Division as part of our construct ...
Arcadis NV - Long Island City - Lensa US
Long Island City, New York, United States · Arcadis is seeking a Resident Engineer, with 10+ years of experience, to ...
Arcadis N.V. - Long Island City - Jooble US
Overview: · About Us · WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, surveyors, planners, and designers tackl ...
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin - New York County, New York - Resume Library
Description · Arcadis is seeking a Resident Engineer, with 10+ years of experience, to join our Water Division as part ...
Arcadis International - Long Island City - Lensa US
United States of America - New York, New York City · **Job Summary** · AECOM is seeking a Resident Engineer to support ...
AECOM - New York City - Whatjobs US Premium