Medical Lab Technician/ Medical Lab Scientist
Found in: Jooble US
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position Medical Lab Technicians (MLT) assist physicians and other specialists by performing all aspects of testing on blood, tissue, and other bodily fluids, the results of which can then be used to diagnose and treat patients.Confirms test results and provides the physician with data necessary to make appropriate determinations. Essential Job Functions
- Performs routine, moderate, and highly complex laboratory diagnostic tests.
- Confirms test results and provides the physician with data necessary to determine the presence, extent, cause, and treatment of disease.
- Follows quality control programs, assuring the accuracy and reliability of test results.
- Performs, records, and evaluates Quality Control.
- Monitors, maintains, and troubleshoots laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Assist with training of new employees and students in the use of lab equipment and testing procedures.
- Performs computer function on both Lab Information Systems (LIS) and Hospital Information Systems (HIS).
- Participates in continuing education in respective areas of expertise.
- Assists with inventory control. This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. Licensing/Certification MLT Medical Laboratory Technician Certification or eligible by a nationally recognized certification agency (preferably ASCP) (required)
Associates, Medical Lab Technology Completed at least 60 semester hours (including six hours of chemistry and six of biology) of academic credit from a college or university accredited by a recognized regional or national accreditation agency and have successfully completed a medical lab technician program by a nationally accredited agency Completed a 50-week U.S.military medical laboratory training course within the past ten years Work Experience 2 years of technical experience in a clinical laboratory setting (preferred) Training None Skills Active Listening Service Orientation Coordination Verbal and Written Communication Problem Solving Customer Service Organization Time Management Data Entry Microsoft Office Telephone Skills Lab Information Systems Laboratory Diagnostic Tests Analyze data Laboratory equipment Quality assurance and control Chemistry Biology Phlebotomy Patient care Working Conditions Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse May be required to use physical restraints May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids
- May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials
- May have periods of constant interruptions Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions Prolonged periods of working alone
- Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control. Bon Secours is an equal opportunity employer.
Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
Prescription drug coverage
Flexible spending accounts
Life insurance w/AD&D
An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
Paid time off
And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Core Laboratory-Richmond Health Source Shared Services-SFMC All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at
calendar_today 3 days ago
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Medical Lab Scientist Primary Function/General Purpose of Position Acc ...
Bon Secours - Richmond - Jooble US
Job Description: · *** Eligible for a $2500 Sign On Bonus · Requirements include: · Bachelors degree with courses in ...
Jobsinminneapolis - New Richmond - beBee S2 US
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours · Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position · Medical ...
Bon Secours - Richmond - Appcast US Premium
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours · Medical Lab ScientistPrimary Function/General Purpose of Position ...
Bon Secours - Richmond - Appcast US Premium
**Thank you for considering a career at** **Bon Secours** · Medical Lab Tech · Job Description · I. Primary Function/ ...
Bon Secours Mercy Health - Richmond - Whatjobs US Premium