Found in: beBee S2 US
Sempra is a California-based energy infrastructure company leading the energy transition and serving more consumers in North America than any other utility holding company.
Our mission is to be North America's premier energy infrastructure company, delivering affordable, reliable and increasingly decarbonized energy to the markets we serve, including California, Texas, Mexico and global power generation markets.We have consistently been recognized for our leadership in sustainability, and diversity and inclusion. Our company is the only US utility company named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
We are also a member of the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index and recently named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for 2021 by Fortune Magazine, the eleventh consecutive year our company has received this honor.
The Sempra companies' more than 19,000 employees are united by our vision to deliver energy with purpose and live our values every day – doing the right thing, championing people and shaping the future.Visit our sustainability report to learn more about our company, including our bold goals relating to achieving world class safety, championing people, driving resilient operations and enabling the energy transition:
[Link available when viewing the job]
A career at Sempra presents the opportunity to join a team with a unique combination of diverse expertise, top talent and strong management, who all set a powerful foundation for sustainable growth and a bright future.Primary Purpose:
Perform multiple accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis assignments for entities that comprise Sempra Energy's Parent (Corporate Center) and Sempra Texas Utilities under the direction of manager and/or supervisor.
Responsibilities includes month-end accounting, support management and regulatory reporting, and preparation of standard operating procedures for assigned tasks and supporting various IT system implementations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Prepare detailed account analyses and account reconciliations.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports.
- Support key IT system implementation projects.
- Process and/or support the processing of financial transactions.
- Interact and respond to inquiries and requests from outside departments, internal and external auditors and management.
- Identify operational or accounting issues within individual area of responsibility and collaborate with senior staff and/or manager to develop solutions.
- Collaborate to meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Record monthly cash settlement transactions into GL and communicate with counterparties to confirm information and resolve discrepancies with Cash Management, Sempra Affiliates and functional departments.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reporting requirements to ensure compliance with various governing agencies (i.e. Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, etc.). This includes support of the SOX compliance and audit requirements.
- Ad hoc reporting and assignments in support of accounting implementation of new applications and/or projects.
- Performs others duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in accounting, finance, economics or related business administration field required.
- CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other professional certificates/advanced degrees preferred.
- 3+ years experience in public and/or professional accounting.
- Experience with multi-company consolidations and prior SEC reporting.
- Experience with IT system implementation projects.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- Requires understanding of generally accepted accounting principles to determine appropriateness of accounting and reporting treatment.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of accounting methods and techniques and possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; advanced knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office products, SAP, Hyperion Financial
- Management (HFM) is also desirable.
- Must be able to effectively interact in a team environment.
calendar_today 2 days ago
POSITION DETAILS: · Schedule: Days, 8-hour shifts · FTE: Full-Time, Exempt · Location: Main Campus · JOB SUMMARY: · ...
Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego - San Diego - Whatjobs US Premium
POSITION DETAILS:Schedule: Days, 8-hour shiftsFTE: Full-Time (0.9 FTE), ExemptLocation: Copley Business CenterJOB SUMMAR ...
Mashable - San Diego - beBee S2 US
POSITION DETAILS: · Schedule: Days, 8-hour shifts · FTE: Full-Time (0.9 FTE), Exempt · Location: Copley Business Cent ...
Rady Children's Hospital San Diego - San Diego - beBee S2 US