Shift Supervisor - Cloud Support
Found in: beBee S2 US
Shift Supervisor - Cloud Support
Reston, VA [Sunset Hills Rd]
Supervises and coordinates activities of a team of IT members engaged in computer operations, computer systems, computer programming, and the company's network to assure effective computer resources are provided to users. Serve as a part of
the incident management team in a 24x7 Cloud based environment. Diagnose,
mitigate and/or escalate system issues to maintain a high level of
*Responsible for team productivity to ensure maximum output with a high Customer Satisfaction rating.
*Analyzes performance indicators such as number of transactions per second, response time, and number of programs being processed to ensure systems are operating efficiently.
*Studies problems and capabilities, and develops solutions for improved operating procedures, alternate processing methods, communications, information flow, management reporting, and operational efficiency.
*Provides recommendations on short term systems projects/plans.
*Prepares operational forecasts and requirements for data processing, systems development, and communications.
*Oversees the conduct of feasibility studies for systems improvement and the preparation of systems project proposals.
*Ensures compliance with policies, processes and procedures governing team deliveries to achieve work outputs of the team.
*Monitors and supports the complex information technology and systems infrastructures.
*Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of complex information technology tools.
*Troubleshoots and resolves unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
*Performs root cause analysis and diagnostics on the more unique or complex production systems.
*Administers and runs complex tests on operating system and related software.
* Overall responsibility for leading the program, department, or functional area as designated. Oversees. directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
system logs to identify and mitigate system issues
to incident tickets in a 24x7 operational environment to meet SLA objectives.
knowledge base troubleshooting guides and lessons learned as required.
system issues resulting in system outages and coordinate change though change
* Monitor solution performance according to
client specification and SLAs, escalate as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science or a related field preferred, or equivalent relevant experience.
4-6 years of experience in Information Technology with 0-2 years of experience managing IT staff.
2 years of operations
experience providing application infrastructure support; 1 year performing
system administrator support.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Must have strong communication skills and be able to effectively communicate technical issues.
* Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
* Advanced knowledge of issued hardware and/or software products and excellent working knowledge of personal computers and peripherals required.
* Ability to get team members to work together to accomplish tasks.
* Stays up to date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
* Ability to think long-term and establish achievable action plans.
* Actively looks for ways to help people in the most efficient manner.
* Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
with system administration support tools such as Windows/Linux
supporting a 24x7 cloud-based environment.
in supporting Cloud based environment and tools such as Azure.
analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues.
* Strong organizational and multi-tasking
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Light office duties
which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital
screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk
or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
It is the policy
of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual
orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any
personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these
All recruiting, hiring, training, and
promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are
made to abide by the principle of equal
The physical requirements described in
"Knowledge, Skills and Abilities" above are representative of those which must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this
job. (For example, "light office duties' or "lifting up to 50 pounds"
or "some travel" required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified,
to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
ASM Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
calendar_today 3 days ago
Cloud Support Supervisor Reston, VA Top Secret Clearance Required Supervises and coordinates activities of a team of IT ...
Dunhill Professional Search - Reston - Jooble US
Starbucks - Reston Station [Restaurant Shift Lead] As a Shift Supervisor at Starbucks, you'll: Organize opening and clos ...
Starbucks - Reston - Lensa US
Cloud Support Engineer I · Reston, VA · *Top Secret Clearance Required · Roles and Responsibilities · Our client, Mi ...
ASM Research - Reston - Appcast US Premium