Claims Tech Sr
Found in: beBee S2 US
Sentry's dedication to customers is embodied by our best associates. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. To help uphold our premier standards we are currently recruiting for a Claims Tech Sr. to work within our EDI Workers' Compensation team.WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Claims Tech Sr., you'll provide complex support for assigned claims department. Reviews and monitors technicians work ensuring work is completed accurately and prioritized appropriately. Assists management with maintaining process guides, providing daily work direction, and training new hires. Prepares a variety of complex forms and materials ensuring adherence to jurisdictional requirements. Serves as subject matter expert on claims projects and initiatives to address claims needs. In addition, you'll:
- Assists claims management with a variety of duties, including but not limited to providing daily work direction to other support staff, training new associates, assigning work, maintaining process guides, preparing, and submitting performance and volume reports, reviewing work, and preparing daily work schedules.
- Researches and prepares complex claims materials and completes various tasks necessary for claims processing. This may include preparing various forms, reviewing, and processing complex bills, checks and invoices, completing uncashed check processes, and processing titles, etc.
- Performs a variety of functional duties which may include creating various reports, processing tax updates, proofreading and assembling procedure manuals, preparing, submitting and/or reviewing state and federal reporting, correcting reporting, and filing errors, handling negotiations, coordinating distribution of incoming complaints, suits and demands, monitor, and manage assigned electronic mailbox, and participating in system upkeep.
- Provides support in creating and maintaining claims files which may involve, investigating policy information, compiling materials to respond to requests, following up on outstanding items, scheduling services, interpreting, and releasing notices and file materials, and conducting audits.
- Serves as subject matter expert on various ad hoc projects and initiatives intended to address specific claims related needs. This may involve conducting research, developing reports, providing system specifications and testing, etc.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of jurisdictional requirements and best practices within assigned department ensuring all tasks are completed effectively and in compliance.
- Assist with escalated customer service issues and work volume needs
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- High level of understanding of insurance policies and coverage, claim procedures, and familiarity with medical terminology
- Knowledge of state fee scheduling, rules and regulations, and claim procedures.
- Prior leadership and project experience preferred
- Ability to work within time deadlines, maintain confidentiality, and work with detail and accuracy
- Strong human relations, communication, and organization skills
- Background in handling a heavy caseload of files containing complex coverage and/or complex injury exposures
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims
- High level of computer skills
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.ABOUT SENTRY
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry
[Link available when viewing the job]
calendar_today 2 days ago
OVERVIEW Sentry's dedication to customers is embodied by our best associates. At Sentry, our associates take care of ou ...
Sentry - Stevens Point - Jooble US
OVERVIEWSentrys dedication to customers is embodied by our best associates. At Sentry, our associates take care of our c ...
Sentry - Stevens point - Appcast US Premium
OVERVIEW We're a people-focused business. And we pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective resu ...
Sentry - Stevens Point - Jooble US
OVERVIEWWe're a people-focused business. And we pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective result ...
Sentry - Stevens Point - beBee S2 US