Production Supervisor - Paper Converting
Found in: beBee S2 US
Georgia-Pacific's Consumer Products division is searching for a Production Supervisor for the Wauna Mill located in Clatskanie, OR. The Production Supervisor (Internally known as a Performance Leader) is responsible for the development of the hourly operations employees' capabilities and manages all aspects of their performance. This leader will have a general understanding of the mill and will be accountable for the product system results that are impacted by their team's performance and capability.
A successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, constructive challenge skills to facilitate improvement, the ability to stay current in best practices and be a continuous leader, and collaboration skills with the ability to engage teams.
The Wauna Mill is the proud producer of household products such as Brawny®, Angel Soft®, Sparkle®, and Quilted Northern®. The mill is in a picturesque and uncrowded setting and is surrounded by the Clatsop Forest. Its central location provides numerous opportunities for both outdoor recreation and city living. Portland, Oregon is only an hour's drive away, while the Pacific Ocean can be reached in under thirty minutes. Many outdoor activities are available near the mill including fishing, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, boating as well as vast winter activities (skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Role Model the behaviors and actions that advance our Market Based Management® (MBM®) Culture and the organizational vision
- Coach, lead, mentor and develop employees to continuously improve their knowledge and skills, and performance to create long-term value for the organization
- Enable knowledge sharing and knowledge transfer between team members to help them succeed
- Work with area and crew leaders, manufacturing engineers, skill builders and reliability coordinators to identify and address performance and knowledge gaps
- Manage safety to support our vision
- Manage individual performance and holding individuals accountable for their results through vision setting and performance feedback
- Provide resources to help team members develop their own careers and realize their full potential
- Manage the functional leadership processes within the Product System
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- 3 or more years of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- 1 or more years of experience working within a manufacturing or military environment as a supervisor with responsibility for direct reports
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate's Degree or higher in Engineering, Manufacturing or Operations Management
- 5 or more years of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment WITH experience as a supervisor with responsibility for direct reports.
- Experience coaching and mentoring employees to improve their knowledge and skills, as well as performance
- Leadership responsibility developing capabilities, and creating accountability in an MBM® culture
- Experience using Kronos, SAP, & Parkview/PI
- Experience working within a paper converting operation
- Experience communicating information to diverse audience through different communication methods
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
calendar_today 2 days ago
Description · Georgia-Pacific's Consumer Products division is searching for a Production Supervisor for the Wauna Mill ...
Georgia-Pacific - Clatskanie - Talent US
Description · $7,500.00 Signing Bonus Offered + Full Relocation Package · Georgia-Pacific's Consumer Products Divisi ...
Georgia-Pacific - Clatskanie - Talent US
Description $7,500.00 Signing Bonus Offered Full Relocation Package Georgia-Pacific's Consumer Products Division is seek ...
Georgia Pacific - Clatskanie - Jooble US