Sample Receiving Technician
Found in: Jooble US
Description:Sample Receiving Technician
Springfield Regular MERIEUX NUTRISCIENCES Mérieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products.
Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.Our motto:
"More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Sample Receiving Technician in 2835 N Oak Grove, Springfield, MO 65803 USA.
Your mission will be to:
- Receive and log in sample in preparation for analysis. Review sample and any attached documentation to assign an identification number andenter information into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). Prepare documentation as necessary.
- Contact client, when necessary, to obtain and clarify missing or unclear information to ensure that identification of client code, test code, andsample contents are accurate.
- Store samples in appropriate manner until analysis is completed and appropriately dispose of extra samples. Ensure sample integrity ismaintained.
- Prepare packages for pick up by shipping vendors. Follow appropriate procedures to send packages and maintain all related documentation.
- Prepare sample to be shipped to other testing facilities when necessary. Complete appropriate documentation and file accordingly.
- May assist client service personnel with the development of customized client reports
collection of data, analysis of data, anddevelopment of report.
- May assist laboratory personnel with the preparation and analysis of samples.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document suchobservations in accordance with the prescribed complaint system.
- Perform other related duties as needed
Associates degree and 1+ year relevant work experience or equivalent work experience, or a Bachelor's degree.
This position requires a basic knowledge of computer operation skills to manipulate keyboard while entering incoming sample information into the LIMS.A basic knowledge of microbiology and chemistry is helpful to effectively assign proper sample and test codes.
A broad knowledge of personal computer software and data entering skills is necessary to input data into the LIMS and generate special reports.Organizational skills are required to keep track of all sample and documentation. Time management skills are useful to ensure that the sample is quickly prepared for testing. Written and oral communication skills are essential to obtain or clarify test instructions with clients. General office skills are useful to complete faxing, filing, and other related duties for the department.
The incumbent performs routine tasks in sample receiving and addresses problems according to established procedures. The incumbent must review sample documentation to determine adequacy and appropriateness of information provided. Information is frequently missing or unclear. Problems can be addressed with the help of the supervisor, client contact, previous testing practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
The incumbent routinely makes decisions on the accuracy and adequacy of sample information and documentation to determine if sample can be processed accurately and turned over to operations for testing.If sample information is questionable, the incumbent seeks information from the supervisor or the client. Unique or unusual difficulties generally require the input of the supervisor to determine a solution. Decisions impact the accuracy and timeliness of conducting the test.
The incumbent receives regular supervision.
The incumbent is responsible for accurately coding the client sample according to the desired test and inputting the necessary information into the LIMS.The incumbent works toward specific goals and objectives established by the supervisor.
None Work Environment :
The incumbent works in a laboratory setting with proper temperature and lighting control. Occasional exposure to laboratory fumes, chemicals, and materials will occur when in the laboratory. Must lift sample packages ranging from 10-50 pounds to complete job tasks. The incumbent can expect extended time spent in a standing position. Physical dexterity is necessary to effectively manipulate a keyboard.
The incumbent may work in a laboratory environment that requires the wearing of a mask, laboratory coat, and insulated gloves.WHY US
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project
To apply please click on 'Apply now' button
calendar_today 2 days ago
Sample Receiving Technician · Springfield · Regular · MERIEUX NUTRISCIENCES · Mrieux NutriSciences is a solution pro ...
Merieux NutriSciences Corporation - Springfield - Lensa US
Inova has an exciting full time opportunity, for an Supply Chain Distribution Tech This position has numerous shift sche ...
Inova Health System - Fairfax - Lensa US