Sr Software Engineer - Java
Found in: beBee S2 US
Primary Location: 13693 S 200 W, Draper, UT, US
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 217853
Senior Software Engineer | Java
The individual will use and create the latest technology to solve the automotive industry's low utilization and retention problems. He or she will work on our core products and foundation, including application infrastructure, Web services infrastructure, back-end integration, infrastructure management tooling and more. Responsibilities include delivering enhancements and upgrades to existing platforms to meet the needs of our customers now and in the future.
The successful candidate will be a strong, hands-on technologist with a BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, and 3+ years of Java development experience.
- Execute on a strategic systems and applications roadmap deliverables
- Develop and deliver platform and application enhancements which meet or exceed customer needs
- Plan and deliver technology upgrades for our cloud-based products
- Diagnose, design and implement solutions to key technology or application problems
- Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
- Bring creative solutions to the table
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BA/BS degree in related field and 5 years of related experience; MS with 3 years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience of Java development
- Experience Restful and SOAP based Web Services
- Strong, hands-on technical track record
- Proven ability to deliver at all levels (application, infrastructure and system architecture)
- Ability to communicate ideas, alternatives, and solutions
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Proven ability to be self-directed and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, self-direction, and solid problem-solving skills with a focus on delivering innovative platform solutions.
- Experience in developing scalable Micro Services is a Plus.
- Experience in Kubernetes framework is a Plus.
- Experience in developing AWS Cloud native applications is a Plus.
- Mobile and Tablet programming experience is a Plus (Android, iOS).
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like , Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
calendar_today 4 days ago
*Primary Location: *13693 S 200 W, Draper, UT, USA · *Division: *Cox Automotive · *Job Level: *Individual Contributo ...
Black Enterprise Magazine - Draper - Jooble US
Description · Sr Software Engineer (.NET ) · Projects The Candidate Will Be Working On · Project growth and technolog ...
Horizontal Talent - Draper - Whatjobs US Premium
Primary Location: 13693 S 200 W, Draper, UT, US · Division: Cox Automotive · Job Level: Individual Contributor · Trav ...
Metrohoustonjobs - Draper - beBee S2 US