Found in: Jooble US
Magnopus is a content-focused technology company founded by a team of Oscar-winning artists, designers, and engineers from games, films, and other unusual places. We're passionate about creating rich experiences across the physical and digital worlds in ways people haven't experienced yet.
Because we're building the future, we endeavor to create a diverse, creative workplace where people from many perspectives collaborate across disciplines to create amazing things together. We invest in our employee's progression with ongoing education and mentorship opportunities through their guilds, and support their happiness and productivity through generous health care, time off, and other benefits.
We try to foster a safe environment where we can take risks, and learn from our failures. While we value individual talents, we favor teamwork more. We believe that the leadership of the company works for the employees, not the other way around. We feel strongly that our employees guide who we are as a company and the work we create, so we look for characteristics of curiosity, empathy, respect, honesty, and courage in every candidate.
You've been working with artists, designers, programmers, animators, graphic designers and other brilliant creative folks as soon as you realized computers could be used for more than spreadsheets. You're a pragmatist, a problem solver, communicator and collaborator. You're not afraid of meetings but you're still dangerous with a keyboard.
We're seeking an experienced lead software engineer to join our Los Angeles-based team to supervise a team spanning back-end microservice programmers, web developers, mobile app developers and game engine programmers. You'll need great communication skills, an ability to prioritize and pivot your team to solve difficult technical problems.
If you have not been a lead before, or haven't led a large team on complex Software Engineering efforts, this is not the job for you.
- Establish development best practices for a diverse cross-discipline team of software engineers and developers, including version control, project structure, continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Work with production and QA to ensure delivery of a high quality product within deadlines and budget
- Support lead engineers and their teams through design and implementation, with mentorship, problem solving and bug triage
- Be an active and proactive problem solver, bug finder, kilobyte squeezer and millisecond saver
- Communicate easily between technical, creative and managerial disciplines
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years professional development experience, including 5 in a game development or adjacent field
- 5+ years experience leading teams of 5 or more people in an Agile environment
- Multiple shipped commercial game titles and/or consumer-facing applications
- Full stack experience across e.g. back-end services, multiplayer code, real-time rendering, content authoring tools, mobile application development, web, gameplay, UX... the more the better
- Computer Science background with experience in both macroscopic software architecture and nitty-gritty algorithms and data structures
- Passion for solving problems and helping others solve their own
- AAA games industry leadership experience
- Lead a team bigger than two pizzas, and knows what that means
- Experience with MMO development and operations
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Microservices and containerization (e.g. Docker, Service Fabric, Kubernetes)
Though we've delivered a lot of crazy stuff, here are a few you can check out at home:
Magnopus employees enjoy a competitive benefits package as well as some amazing perks:
- Meaningful, purpose-driven work
- Great teammates
- 100% employer paid premiums on health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Generous vacation & paid time off
- Flexible Remote working plans (particularly during Covid events)
- Top of the line tech and tools
- Comfy office chairs and stand-up desks
- Free gym membership (located in our building)
- Transportation assistance
- Magnocademy (our peer learning program)
- Lunch clubs (including D&D, board games, and knitting)
- On-site happy hours
- Weekly breakfasts
- Range of complimentary snacks and drinks
calendar_today 3 days ago
Job Summary · Información disponible en español a continuación. · The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for assistin ...
Aimbridge Hospitality - Los Angeles - Whatjobs US Premium
First Contact is seeking a Lead Engineer to help us create the next generation of high-end VR games. Area Software Devel ...
FIRST CONTACT ENTERTAINMENT - Los Angeles - Whatjobs US Premium
Job Description We are seeking to hire a talented, self-motivated and goals focused IT Engineer with extensive experienc ...
Lateral Link - Los Angeles - Jooble US
The world's leading live event high-tech ticketing company is seeking a Lead Engineer. As a global and growing business, ...
STAND 8 Technology Services - Los Angeles - Appcast US Premium
Job Description · Lead Engineer If you are a Tech Lead - with experience, please read on · We are a growing startup ...
CyberCoders - Los Angeles - Talent US