This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancers
International marketing & communication leader, published and broadcast writer, producer, speaker, and integrated marketing and PR consultant. First multimedia producer and pioneered Internet & Web communications at IBM. Blogging since 1987. On the Internet since 1983.
MA and BA in Communication
I love marketing brands. I hate marketing myself. So, here's seven fast facts about me and my work. You're in and out, nobody gets dunked on.
1. I’ve created strategy and content for many big and small brands: IBM, Motorola, South Florida Agent Magazine, Pulte Homes, DiVosta Homes, Bertram Yacht, Harris Corp., Minto Communities, Nextel, Icom, American Red Cross, US Olympic Cycling, Junior Achievement, R/V Angari, Town Center at Boca Raton, Town of Palm Beach Civic Association, SunFest, Fashion Mall in Plantation…
2. My writing and video-multimedia productions have been published and broadcast: Discovery Channel, South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Today Show, Good Morning America, PC Magazine, ABC's Wide World of Sports, Palm Beach Post, CNN, Miami Herald, Gannett (USA Today), NBC5-WPTV, ABC25-WPBF, Palm Beach Daily News, Tampa Tribune, TTT in Trinidad, PBS, Popular Computing Magazine…
3. I’m a digital junkie with 10,424 followers on LinkedIn, 6,930 Twitter followers, 1,511 Facebook friends, 344 Instagram followers… The team I led pioneered multimedia and Internet communication at IBM showing what the Web would be like when it went “live,” six years before it happened. That early multimedia production won a NY Film Festival Award and was featured on NBC Today Show, ABC Good Morning America, Discovery Channel, CNN, and PBS.
4. Naples, Italy was home for me in elementary school. Starting in third grade, I learned content creation the way the masters did it in Florence. Writing began then and I’ve worked all over the world producing content in up to 46 languages.
5. I don’t call my job a job – it’s my digital storytelling lifestyle and live it every day. Many employers and clients have benefitted with revenue in the $thousands, $millions, and yes – even $billions, from my brand promoting lifestyle.
6. Some of my best headlines: Buy this Home & It Comes with a Fully Loaded Garage [free car]; My Boss Quit Today & Now I Need a New One; Go!
7. Hire me – I’ll get you engagement, followers, prospects, and customers.
Founder of the BRAND Storytelling & Journalism LinkedIn Group.
What kind of projects is R. Michael Brown looking for?
Freelance writing, editing, multimedia production, content marketing.