1) Creator Of The "Gerald Hecht Brand".
2) Chief Alchemist For The "Gerald Hecht Brand".
3) Head Of Communications For The "Gerald Hecht Brand".
4) Cocaine Self Administration
5) Maternal Behavior
1) A Person Named Gerald Hecht.
Associate Professor of Psychology
August 1999 - at Present
1) Teaching. 2) Student Advisement. 3) Serving on student thesis committees. 4) Modifications of Physiological Psychology content to comply with standards for Louisiana Substance Abuse Certification Program. 5) Reassignment of all tenure-track faculty to comply with APA Accreditation standards. 6) Administrator of all Departmental IT operations/computer laboratory. 7) Courses taught: Physiological Psychology, Sensation and Perception, Psychopharmacology, Developmental Psychology, Advanced Statistics, Learning Theory, and History and Systems. 8) Publication of research in peer-reviewed, professional journals, book chapters, and conference presentations.
Adjunct Professor of Psychology
August 1999 - at Present
When requested, I teach undergraduate courses in Psychology. Following the tremendous influx of students from the New Orleans Campus following hurricane Katrina (in 2005), I was teaching an average of four courses per semester for several years, including the following: 'Introductory Psychology (multiple sections)', 'History and Systems (multiple sections), 'Drugs and Behavior', and 'Psychological Theories of Learning'.
National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) Postdoctoral Fellow
August 1997 - January 1999
My published research focused on investigating (on multiple levels of analysis, ranging from in vitro methods, such as radiolabeled ligand receptor binding assays, to immunofluorescence, up to behavioral analysis , including both Pavlovian, i.e., Conditioned Place Preference (CPP) and Operant behavioral measures, i.e., intravenous Drug Self Administration) relationships between binding affinities of dopaminergic agents at the Dopamine Reuptake Transporter (DAT), presynaptic dopaminergic autoreceptors, postsynaptic dopamine receptor subtypes, and concomitant, real time effects of those agents on Behavior --in both rodent and Rhesus Macaque animal models.
Ph.D. Behavioral Neuropharmacology
at Bingamton University
1993 - 1997 (4 years) New York
M.A. in Experimental Psychology
at West Chester University
1990 - 1993 (3 years) Pennsylvania
B.A. in Psychology
at Rowan University
1987 - 1989 (2 years) New Jersey
Statistical Packages- SPSS, SAS, Matlab, Redcap, Statistica, Brainwaves and STATA. Operating Systems for Windows and Mac- Windows XP, Windows 95, Windows Vista, Window 8, Windows NT (3.5 -4.0), Windows 2000 and up Server), Mac 0SX, IOS4-7.12.
Software and Applications- Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Paint, MS Windows Media Player Adobe PDF.
Networking, Software Development and IT Engineering- Operating Systems : Solaris, BSD, OS/2, numerous Linux Distributions (Red Hat Certification), “R” statistical Programming Language, C Programming Language, multiple NOS integration via SAMBA/LDAP/DNS coding, PERL and PHP scripting, Java coding, Apache Web Server Administration.
Receptor Binding Assays, Single-cell recording/stimulation, microiontophoresis, intravenous drug self administration, drug-state discrimination, Conditioned Place Preference, Conditioned, Taste Aversion, Operant Psychophysics, Smoking Topography Analysis in Human Subjects, Stereotaxic Neurosurgery in rodents and primates, Vascular microsurgery in rodents and primates, basic histology of brain tissue, HPLC, GC and associated imaging software
Creating Sonic Atmospheres on the Guitar
Driving lousy mics over the top with modal tunings and harmonics using nothing but acoustic guitars and kazoos and stuff...
TEACHING: Undergraduate/Graduate/Medical Students
Introduction to Psychology, Physiological Psychology, History & Systems in Psychology, Information Technology in the teaching of Psychology and Psychological research (Seminar), Substance Abuse and Human Behavior, Sensation and Perception, Advanced Statistics, Learning Theories in Psychology, Developmental Neuropharmacology
Certified by Wyzant
for tutoring high school AP and college undergraduate students in Psychology, Biostatistics, Physiology, and Pharmacology
Knowledge and keywords