About Diane Bidna:
I have 13 years of college counseling experience in schools and for private companies. After working with students from diverse backgrounds and cultures, I feel strongly about assisting students in finding the university that is the right fit for each one. Toward this end, I have visited over 100 universities to learn about academic programs and experience the campuses first-hand. As a member of NACAC, IACAC, and WACAC, I try to stay on top of developing trends in the university admissions world through professional development opportunities. I am originally from Southern California, where I obtained a B.S. in Business and Entrepreneurship from the University of Southern California and a College Counseling Certificate from the University of California, San Diego. Living and working with international students I have learned so much about different cultures and customs..
I have 13 years of experience and am currently the Associate Director of University & Academic Advising at EF Academy, an international IB school in New York. Over the years, I have worked in International Schools as well as private companies.
Some of my responsibilities have included:
- Assisting students locally and abroad with their university applications to schools in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Spain and many other countries.
- Helping students with high school course selections, extra-curricular activities and summer opportunities.
- Planning college visits for students, families and other counselors.
- Writing letters of recommendation
- Planning and executing essay workshops and application bootcamps
- Coordinating SAT and ACT tests
- Compiling and sending out IB predicted grades
- Planning and hosting college fairs with universities from around the world
- Meeting with local businesses to create internship opportunities
- Teaching high school college readiness classes
In addition, I have worked as a summer camp director, as well as a meeting and event planner, which gives me a unique and diverse perspective when working with students.
I have B.S. in Business and Entrepreneurship from the University of Southern California, a certification in College Counseling from the University of California, San Diego and am currently working on my International Counseling certificate through NACAC.
Professionals in the same Education / Training sector as Diane Bidna
Professionals from different sectors near New York City, New York
Other users who are called Diane
Jobs near New York City, New York
Meter Reader South River, United States $30,000 - $40,000 per year
Responsibilities · The primary responsibility of this position is to read meters and record consumption of the water used, cleaning of meter boxes, and removal of vegetation impeding access to meters ...
HealthCare Traveler Jobs Elizabeth, NJ, United States $60,000 - $90,000 per year
Job Description: · Travel Registered Nurses Needed All RN Specialties · Hospitals are posting their seasonal staffing needs as well as their critical vacancies. · is owned and operated by HealthCare P ...
SPECTRUM Cos Cob, United States
Responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive social media strategy, branded content programs, and influencer approach establishing brand leadership and loyalty to increase customer enga ...