College grad pursuing medical school
About Catherine Edwards:
I graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Biology in May of 2022. I am pursuing medical school and am taking a gap to work and learn more about professions I wish to pursue after medical school and residency. I am a certified medical scribe however I performed similar duties to a medical assistant at my last job such as packaging labs and filling out lab test requisitions, returning voicemails, calling/informing patients of lab test results, running insurance, handling paperwork, navigating through an EMR, and many more things.
● Documented history of present illness, physical exam, allergies, medications, family, social and past medical history, procedures, and lab results pertaining to the patient’s encounter into an electronic medical record
● Filled out lab test requisitions and packaged labs, calling patients’ parents to inform them of lab test results, returning voicemails, packaging hazardous waste for proper disposal and cleaning rooms
● Front desk- scheduling appointments, scanning and printing documents, running insurance
COMPASSUS HOSPICE AND PALLIATIVE CARE VOLUNTEER
● Providing relief from the symptoms and stress of the illness with the intention of improving quality of life for both the patient and the family
- Weekly at home visits and facility visits
● Filing and scanning documents in office, tuck-in calls
- University of Georgia Athens, GA Bachelor of Science: May 2022
- Major: Biology Cumulative GPA: 3.54, Dean’s List
Relevant Coursework: Principles of Biology, Principles of Chemistry, Calculus, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Genetics, Global Health, Physiology, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Ecology
Professionals in the same Healthcare sector as Catherine Edwards
Professionals from different sectors near Charleston, Charleston
Other users who are called Catherine
Jobs near Charleston, Charleston
Tenet Healthcare Mount Pleasant, SC, United States
For Markets requiring vaccine disclosure · Summary : · Responsible for patient triage, patient education, and assisting physicians in the assessment of patient needs and treatment plan(s). · Main ...
TotalMed Charleston, SC, United States Full time
We are seeking a Registered Nurse-Operating Room for a travel assignment in Charleston South Carolina.
SkillReactor Ltd North Charleston, SC, United States
Job ID: 2315634 · Location: · NORTH CHARLESTON, SC, US · Date Posted: 2023-11-16 Category: · Software Subcategory: · SW · Engineer Schedule: · Full-time Shift: · Day Job Travel: · Yes, 10 % of the ...