Senior Business Development & Global Corporate Affairs Executive
Domestic & International: Europe, Africa, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and North America
Corporate Governance, Multilateral Economic and Humanitarians Negotiations and Foreign Relations.
Director of Business Development
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc November 2014 - at Present• Lead and develop regional company external relations with governments, investors, corporate business partners and trade associations.
• Responsible for Sales and Business Development for Mining and Metal.
• Led business portfolio diversification to new industries in Latin America expanding sales in Power, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and Transportation.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic business partnerships to secure business development.
Reegional Director - Latin America
Avanta December 2008 - November 2014Lead and develop regional company external relations with governments, investors, corporate business partners and trade associations.
•Manage regulatory procedures and contract strategy with the region.
• Responsible for development and implementation of compliance strategies in the region
• Drives strategy alignment across all stakeholders/functions/businesses, as well as aftermarket footprint planning and acquisition integration support for market /client regional investment needs in the commodities, manufactures, transportation, energy and logistic sectors.
• In charge of the development of new business (offices) in Mexico, Panama, Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil and Peru.
· Develop clients commercial and investment channels with regional and international suppliers, buyers and trade partners in Latin American.
· Responsible for strategic business partnerships to secure regional logistic support.
Senior Regional Funding / Donor Relations for Latin America and the Caribbean
United Nations January 2004 - December 2008· Responsible for regional government relations and external affairs with governments, private corporations, institutions, academia and NGO’s.
· Mange the regional communicationfor humanitarian corporate development programmes, incorporating thematic development and partnership issues.
· Manage the external and internal human and financial resources assigned to work with this regional position, providing policy and corporate guidance to the regional director and each of the country directors regionally.
· Responsible for regional resource mobilization
· Responsible for regional policy development and implementation.
· Responsible for design and supervision national government and corporate relations funding mechanism in each of WFP offices in the region.
· Responsible for regional partnership structures.
• Obtained US$20.6 million in contributions.
Senior Diplomat Representative to the United Nations FAO, WFP & IFAD – (ITALY
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Chile January 1999 - December 2003(FAO) – Financial Committee Member:
• Responsibility to manage and allocate FAO’s budget.
• Monitory and evaluation of FAO global resources
• Manage regional relation with high representatives from Latin America
• Successfully manage and allocate US$ 749 million budget for the organization.
(WFP) - Executive Board Member:
• Supervise global emergency relief programs, focusing on project execution, financial management, technical support, policy development and project execution.
• Globally lead all Latin America advocacy and resource mobilization.
• Successfully manage and allocate US$ 61 million
(IFAD) - Board of Governors Member:
• Responsible for the supervision of Latin America investments, resource allocation, and project control
• Manage the regional relation with Latin America
• Supervise regional design, coordination and project management developments.
• Successfully manage and allocate US$ 70 million budget for the Latin American region.
International Economic Advisor- Ministry of Economy - Chile
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Chile January 1994 - November 1998· Responsible for the development of marketing and communication strategy to promote foreign investment with USA, Europe, Pacific Rim and Latin America
· Responsible for bilateral foreign investment negotiation with key corporate clients in USA, Japan, China, Europe and the Pacific Rim.
· Responsible for foreign investment policy and mechanisms with APEC and WTO economic negotiations.
· Responsible to open foreign investment representation in Asia, ASEAN and Australia.
· Represent the Foreign Investment Committee in international trade, commercial and investment conferences.
· Organize and participate as speaker in high level Trade and Investment ministerial and corporate promotion events in USA, Asia and Europe.
· Member of the Chilean Free Trade Negotiation agreements team with the US, Canada Mexico Japan, China, Mercosur (South America) and Europe.
• Attracted US$ 570 million in direct foreign investment
Director Business Development, South Latin America Region
Fluor Corporation February 1996 - December 1997· Responsible for regional government relations and corporate communication.
· In charge of new business development strategies in the region realigning sales operations with project execution standardizing operation and services process between project & clients.
· Responsible for regional compliance strategies.
· Represent the company in regional government and corporate Business events.
· Responsible for regional strategic planning, marketing research and business development.
· Directly responsible for 5 countries marketing (proposal development) and sales support offices
· Responsible for regional marketing and proposal development,
· Responsible for project financing packages and financial modeling for the M&A of new ventures.
• $ 9.5 million for rental equipment.
• $ 2.8 million maintenance equipment.
• Responsible for the regional marketing, sales and business development support efforts for more than US$ 120 million award projects in the region.
University of Tokyo and University of Canberra
1995 - 1996
(1 year) Australian Capital Territory
Foreign Service - Diplomacy
Academia Diplomatica de Chile
1984 - 1985
(1 year) Metropolitana de Santiago
Public and Business Administration
University of Chile
1978 - 1982
(4 years) Metropolitana de Santiago